Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NST Pulleys or APR X-1

What mod should I buy?

• Full NST pulley set

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • APR X-1

Votes: 58 89.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newdeal

Reaction score
x1 questions?

Premium gasoline is set?(Octane?)

Off limits? How much speed?

Wondering about fuel mileage after installation?

Where do you buy? The price?

Thanks

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Premium gasoline is set?(Octane?)

Off limits? How much speed?

Wondering about fuel mileage after installation?

Where do you buy? The price?

Thanks

with the x-1 you can run anything from E-85 (you need the x-1, E-85 injectors), premium (91 octane)...its really up to you...but all you would need to do is upload the new map on a jump drive plug into the x-1 and your good to go...

with the x-1 it raises the rev limiter from 5500 to 6200 rpms...:rockon:

fuel milage for me has stayed the same...22 MPG...:smile:

you can purchase the APR X-1 unit from Doug (Deathshadow) HVM (High Velocity Motorsports) or Gadget from URD (Underdog Racing Development)...both guys are awesome to work with...they are also vendors here so they will hook you up...:top:

good luck on the modding...

shaX 07

Reaction score
with the x-1 you can run anything from E-85 (you need the x-1, E-85 injectors), premium (91 octane)...its really up to you...but all you would need to do is upload the new map on a jump drive plug into the x-1 and your good to go...

with the x-1 it raises the rev limiter from 5500 to 6200 rpms...:rockon:

fuel milage for me has stayed the same...22 MPG...:smile:

you can purchase the APR X-1 unit from Doug (Deathshadow) HVM (High Velocity Motorsports) or Gadget from URD (Underdog Racing Development)...both guys are awesome to work with...they are also vendors here so they will hook you up...:top:

good luck on the modding...

How on earth are you getting 22 mpg? I must be doing something totally wrong, I get 15-16 in the city, and maybe 17-18 on the highway if i'm lucky. I also have a soft tonneau, which slightly improved my mileage...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
How on earth are you getting 22 mpg? I must be doing something totally wrong, I get 15-16 in the city, and maybe 17-18 on the highway if i'm lucky. I also have a soft tonneau, which slightly improved my mileage...

I don't shift any higher then 2K unless I absolutely have too...:top: I'm really easy on my throttle...+ the SGII helps me monitor my MPG...because I constantly monitor how much fuel I am using during acceleration...I try as best as possible to get the maximum amount of miles out of every tank...this is always with mixed city and highway miles...

Only when I am in a pissed off mood or want to get home or somewhere quick that's when I unleash the 4.0 to its fullest potential...:rockon:

tonneau covers help a little...but since your adding additional weight it really doesn't help much...

shaX 07

Reaction score
I don't shift any higher then 2K unless I absolutely have too...:top: I'm really easy on my throttle...+ the SGII helps me monitor my MPG...because I constantly monitor how much fuel I am using during acceleration...I try as best as possible to get the maximum amount of miles out of every tank...this is always with mixed city and highway miles...

Only when I am in a pissed off mood or want to get home or somewhere quick that's when I unleash the 4.0 to its fullest potential...:rockon:

tonneau covers help a little...but since your adding additional weight it really doesn't help much...

Well I noticed a consistent 2MPG improvement since I put the tonneau on, I used to get 14-15MPG.

I'm heavy on the throttle, I drive spirited pretty much any chance I get. Maybe that has something to do with it...

Murderface

Reaction score

What added weight? Like 5-10 lbs:laugh: Shax and I have access Laredo roll up's there not heavy at all. I know the fiberglass ones are much heavier
On another note, ur that a hole that's always going sooooo slow and holding all the traffic up? Ur claiming up to 22 mpg's, do u have stock size tires on ur 4x4?

Before u start getting all mad I'm just being playful:top:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
What added weight? Like 5-10 lbs:laugh: Shax and I have access Laredo roll up's there not heavy at all. I know the fiberglass ones are much heavier
On another note, ur that a hole that's always going sooooo slow and holding all the traffic up? Ur claiming up to 22 mpg's, do u have stock size tires on ur 4x4?

Before u start getting all mad I'm just being playful:top:

well i got the snugtop sl...that's why I mentioned it...

lol...i drive the speed limit...I might not accelerate like i'm in nascar...but i don't have to fill up every week either...:laugh: honestly I try not to run my truck past half tank...its cheaper on the wallet and I still manage to get about 2 weeks worth before I fill up again...

trust me I used to get hell from some of the xru member here in vegas...god dam it jay granny shifting always cruising...your always on HAWAIIAN TIME...:rofl:

yes i still got stock tires on my 4x4...that desperately need to be replaced...but some how they are fine in the snow...DRIFTIES GALORE....:rockon:

Murderface

Reaction score
I like it when Johns playful...:biggrin:

Remember when u said u wouldn't tell anyone I have a wooden diick and I wouldn't tell anyone u have splinters in ur mouth?

KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT RUSS:laugh:

well i got the snugtop sl...that's why I mentioned it...

lol...i drive the speed limit...I might not accelerate like i'm in nascar...but i don't have to fill up every week either...:laugh: honestly I try not to run my truck past half tank...its cheaper on the wallet and I still manage to get about 2 weeks worth before I fill up again...

trust me I used to get hell from some of the xru member here in vegas...god dam it jay granny shifting always cruising...your always on HAWAIIAN TIME...:rofl:

yes i still got stock tires on my 4x4...that desperately need to be replaced...but some how they are fine in the snow...DRIFTIES GALORE....:rockon:

Once I tried driving like that to and from work to see how hi I could get the mpg's and the scangauge wouldn't budge more then what I stated earlier. No matter when I shift or how slow I drive.
I gave up shortly after! I fill up once a week unless I don't drive my truck on the weekend, then it will last a week and a half

Last edited:
Top Bottom