Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NUMMI plant defects on vehicles ignored

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
A certified auditor who worked at the nummi plant for 23 yrs says that management routinely deleted or downgraded defects from her reports on vehicles since 2005. She is accusing management for allowing serious defects to go unchecked. Defects included faulty seat belts, braking , faulty headlights, mirrors falling off, engine oil leaks steering wheel alignment problems.

Last edited:

morcheez

Reaction score
excuse me for being uninformed but what is the nummi plant

project-c2

Reaction score
Wow! that sucks. Hopefully Toyota catches all of these that went unchecked. My coworker bought a TRD Sport Pre Runner and 12 miles later threw a CEL. The service advisor said there was an Evap leak, They didn't intstall a charcoal canister from the factory.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
It's to bad that these things still exist today just to look good on paper so upper management can get their bonus. Toyota is starting to look more like Ford and GM when they were at the top.:thumpdown:

i_ski

Reaction score
I think we can blame it on the fact that our trucks come from a GM plant LOL

BSPX

Reaction score
my truck is 7 months old and been in the shop 18 times now, three of which were major issues. NEVER had that problem on any of my 4 chevy's, nissan, ford, or honda. Thought I would be better off getting a toyota, my dad has a 2006 tundra, the frame was twisted from the factory and his alignment is STILL off, he eats tires every 12-15K miles.

Running the X

Reaction score
I have 2,700 miles on my truck and it just completely broke down just a couple days ago. Manufacture defect that needs both transmission and clutch replaced. It kinda pisses me off that 3 years after this truck was relesed there are still major transmission/clutch problems with these trucks. I'm considering trading the X in because my pops has like 4 Chevy's that have over 350,000 miles on them and they only have had basic maintenance done on them.

JacksonJ

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind NUMMI makes more then just the Tacoma. They make the Corrolla/Matrix and Pontiac Vibe. Each being in there own plant so to speak except for the Corrolla/Matrix which share the same platform. The person could have worked on the Vibe line.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I have 2,700 miles on my truck and it just completely broke down just a couple days ago. Manufacture defect that needs both transmission and clutch replaced. It kinda pisses me off that 3 years after this truck was relesed there are still major transmission/clutch problems with these trucks. I'm considering trading the X in because my pops has like 4 Chevy's that have over 350,000 miles on them and they only have had basic maintenance done on them.

My 98' Tacoma had 260,000 miles on it with never a problem and it never leaked. I had a K&n filter on it from day 1. Borla cat back, eibach springs, kyb shocks, 16" wheels and it got 330 miles a tank. I had it for ten years and the insurance gave me $6,000.00 as someone ran into the rearend and totalled it out. $1000.00 a year isn't bad. good luck with having it fixed.

Dallas

Reaction score
I believe they also make the colorado pickup, NUMMI is a joint GM Toyota venture, have you heard that toyota is considering buying GM?

MXXN

Reaction score
It's to bad that these things still exist today just to look good on paper so upper management can get their bonus. Toyota is starting to look more like Ford and GM when they were at the top.:thumpdown:
American Made!

PLCX

Reaction score
i heard about this awhile ago. i think on this site

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I believe they also make the colorado pickup, NUMMI is a joint GM Toyota venture, have you heard that toyota is considering buying GM?
They make the Corrolla/Matrix and Pontiac Vibe. First I've heard that the Colorado was made at NUMMI

American Made!
+1 :frown: Yep

Last edited by a moderator:

KX7

Reaction score
My 07 as for the paint on the front bumper being pretty ****ty ( my dealer will take of that ) my truck didnt give me any problems yet I guess I'm lucky so far.......

HolyCow

Reaction score
The Nummi plant is half GM and half Toyota, that means half U.A.W., half not. The UAW has been trying to get toyota unionized for years now. They will do anything to make Toyota look bad. Toyota has now built a plant in Mexico that makes, guess what?, tacomas. Those guys down their dont make much dough but, they make very high quality vehicals. Im thinking they may take over all tacoma production for north america soon.

Top Bottom