Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

O2 sensor troubles

Xcandyman

Reaction score
I have been receiving the trouble code for Bank 2 sensor 1 for some time now. Well yesterday I broke down and bought the $160 replacement. (damn Bosch is proud of those things) Replaced it and got 5 minutes up the road only for it to trigger again. So this now has me thinking the issue is electrical. I know on some cars there is a fuse for the sensors, or emissions all together. Is that the case on X's? Or has anyone else ran into this?

STONER-X

Reaction score
What is the code?

Bank2 sensor1 tells us nothing....

Gadget

Reaction score
You should never run anything but real Denso sensors in your truck.

We see all kinds of problems with other brands.

What is the specific code you are getting and which sensor did you replace?

G

Xcandyman

Reaction score
What is the code?

Bank2 sensor1 tells us nothing....

I guess that would be helpful huh? Sorry a bit scatter brained today.
Code P2241 Oxygen sensor or A/F sensor pumping current low. Bank 2 sensor 1

Xcandyman

Reaction score
What is the specific code you are getting and which sensor did you replace?

G

I replaced sensor 1 in bank 2.

I have been searching around here, and this seems to be a common problem. I see alot of dead end threads though. nothing providing a fix.

Gadget

Reaction score
Ok, so which side of the vehicle did you replace that sensor on?

G

Gadget

Reaction score
I would suggest swapping the two front sensors and see if the problem follows the sensor or stays the same.

Have you had any major work done lately like a clutch swap.

G

Xcandyman

Reaction score
No major work recently. I tried the swap that you suggested, and while I was at it I gave the connectors a cleaning with some contact cleaner. Sadly the problem did not follow. Still shows the same code. I'm coming pretty close to tucking my tail between my legs and taking it to the dealer. I am completely stumped.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any exhaust leaks? Are the studs, which hold the header to the head, tight?

Xcandyman

Reaction score
Do you have any exhaust leaks? Are the studs, which hold the header to the head, tight?

I have not heard any leaks. I will also break out the torque wrench in the next couple of days to check the manifold.

I have also been told that clogged catalytic converters can cause this, is that true? Seems to me that it would throw a different code, something designating a rich condition.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
don't give up bud whatever it is im sure its just something simple. dealership will take a couple of hundred b4 they even remove a bolt

Top Bottom