Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

O2 SIMS

kblozano

Reaction score
This question is about the o2 sims. I tried to PM gadget but your inbox was full

Hey Gadget im about to put in an order for the URD o2 sim,

and I had a few questions for you about the product, My truck is throwing a P0430 and P0420 Code my plan is to Gut the front 2 Cats out and use the simulator to keep the CEL code away (offroad use only of course :rolleyez:) anyways there is a note about the front o2s being unable to calibrate. what kind of issues will I run into with long term use of the 02 sim and No front cats?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
This question is about the o2 sims. I tried to PM gadget but your inbox was full

Hey Gadget im about to put in an order for the URD o2 sim,

and I had a few questions for you about the product, My truck is throwing a P0430 and P0420 Code my plan is to Gut the front 2 Cats out and use the simulator to keep the CEL code away (offroad use only of course :rolleyez:) anyways there is a note about the front o2s being unable to calibrate. what kind of issues will I run into with long term use of the 02 sim and No front cats?

Gadget always has a full PM box. The best way to get ahold of him is #1 phone and #2 email. Both of which can be found on URDs website.

As long as the sensors are in proper working condition you should have no issues. That is the beauty of the URD setup. It still allow the ECU to do all the calibrations as normal. But you won't have that pesky CEL. I believe it will also still allow codes if the sensors are malfunctioning. Which is good because of the calibration deal.

kblozano

Reaction score
that what i though...its just this note confuses me

"Note: Be cautious of O2 sims that replace the rear O2 sensor with a falsely gererated signal. Toyota started using a wideband type O2 sensor (air/fuel ratio) in the front position for better engine control. These wideband type sensors need to be recalibrated from time to time by the ECU. The ECU uses the rear sensors for this recalibration process. The ECU cannot properly recalibrate the wideband sensor using a falsely generated signal. This process is explained here, US Patent 5706654."

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
that what i though...its just this note confuses me

"Note: Be cautious of O2 sims that replace the rear O2 sensor with a falsely gererated signal. Toyota started using a wideband type O2 sensor (air/fuel ratio) in the front position for better engine control. These wideband type sensors need to be recalibrated from time to time by the ECU. The ECU uses the rear sensors for this recalibration process. The ECU cannot properly recalibrate the wideband sensor using a falsely generated signal. This process is explained here, US Patent 5706654."

The URD O2 sim is not "that type" You're good to go ordering from Gadget. :top:

kblozano

Reaction score
okay sounds good, im ocd-ing right now i believe you but just to clarify,

it says they use the wideband in the front position..and cant retune from a falsely generated signal from the rear....so what do you mean "that type"?

do you mean that the fronts can still recalibrate?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
okay sounds good, im ocd-ing right now i believe you but just to clarify,

it says they use the wideband in the front position..and cant retune from a falsely generated signal from the rear....so what do you mean "that type"?

With the URD O2 sim the ECU will still get all the necessary signals from the rear sensors to properly calibrate the front sensors. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score

Yes.
Basically what it's saying is that there's "other" O2 sims on the market that are used if u DON'T have wideband type front sensors and to be careful u don't order those. The URD O2 sim is set up to be used with our Wideband style sensors

Gadget

Reaction score
The URD sim is designed not to interfere with functions of engine management that the ECU needs the rear sensors for. There are other sim products on the market that do interfere with the functions of engine management the ECU need the rear sensors for.

The URD product is good to go!

G

kblozano

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help

I ordered it up gadget! 2 day shipping

SA Lozano Kevin, B.

I CANT wait.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I was running a P0430 as well. Just installed my 02 sim last night and now it's good to go! Thanks G for all the help!

Top Bottom