Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OAHU MEMBERS! WTB stock headlight assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
Hey Oahu members,

So I decided to go legal and I am looking for a pair of the front headlight assembly for the 05+ tacos/XRs, so if anybody is interested or have a pair laying around please post!

It turns out that in any projectors with a purple or discolored tint in the projector lense, you wont pass recon in OAHU:thumpdown:

THANKS PLAYAS!

808STAYTE

Reaction score
Just A Thought:

You should just borrow somebody's stocker lenses so that you can pass RECON, then after you pass, put your projector lenses back on.

BTW - What is the legal ride height in the HI stayte that will pass RECON

RossK35

Reaction score
If they are DOT approved they have to pass it.

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
Just A Thought:

You should just borrow somebody's stocker lenses so that you can pass RECON, then after you pass, put your projector lenses back on.

BTW - What is the legal ride height in the HI stayte that will pass RECON

Yea, was thinking about just switching them for the recon...however (1) the projectors shine like crap and (2) will have to constantly do/undo the wiring (for the LEDs and HALOs) when going back for the check-up for the recon and the state inspection...

so I was thinking might as well rock with the stockers...

If they are DOT approved they have to pass it.

Hey Kyle, the funny thing is that it is DOT approved BUT the recon inspection person didn't pass it because it had a discolored prejection lense...and I argued to him about it and said it's DOT SAE approved but still no luck...the law is definitely not on my side...

thx dude, but looking for local if can...

Last edited:

songiuno

Reaction score
I have my stock lights stored in my garage since I bought BHLs on eBay a month ago. You bought my stock XR wheels so you know where I am. I don't know how much I'd want for them tho, hadn't thought about it. If you're interested let's talk.

RossK35

Reaction score
Hey Kyle, the funny thing is that it is DOT approved BUT the recon inspection person didn't pass it because it had a discolored prejection lense...and I argued to him about it and said it's DOT SAE approved but still no luck...the law is definitely not on my side...
Gottcha, but that's still gay. Stupid recon! lol Maybe he was just having a bad day. A$$h*le haha.

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
Gottcha, but that's still gay. Stupid recon! lol Maybe he was just having a bad day. A$$h*le haha.

hhaa! You know what the funny thing is? The guy that did my recon inspection the first time always passes my work in the morning :laugh:

but yea, pm'd songiuno!

intheredryder

Reaction score
wasup Nyles, nice meeting you today, let me know if you want the headlamps, you can have both, the driver's side is the good one, lmk.

Last edited:

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
wasup Nyles, nice meeting you today, let me know if you want the headlamps, you can have both, the driver's side is the good one, lmk.

what-up Robert, nice to meet you today man! I think ima be all set on the headlights but I will let you know man! maybe I can take your stock ones and experiment with them! haha! Nice XR man! See you when I go work :laugh:

intheredryder

Reaction score
what-up Robert, nice to meet you today man! I think ima be all set on the headlights but I will let you know man! maybe I can take your stock ones and experiment with them! haha! Nice XR man! See you when I go work :laugh:

shoots, lmk, going to miss seeing those projectors on your nice taco.

REDXRUNR

Reaction score
Nyles...call me up

I'll swap wit you!!!! perminantly...if you like...

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
got the stock ones and did the infamous BHLM. Thanks Royce for your spare pair of headlights.

-thread close :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom