Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OBDII problem

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
My scanguage no longer works on my OBDII port in my truck

It does work in my GF corolla.

It worked sometime before I installed the O2 sim, and it quit sometime after I installed it. I didnt really pay attention untill yesterday.

I will triple check my O2 sim wiring tomorrow in the daylight.

Any other suggestions/ possibilities? I have not noticed the truck running differently, and no check engine light or any thing has come on.

Is the OBDII port fused? Could it be blown?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
My buddy had a prob in his F150 one time not too long ago. he had a check engine light and asked me to use my scanguage to check it. when i pluged it in nothing happened at all. turned out it was a fuse. so id check that first.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
any idea which fuse box its in for our trucks?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
i have nooo idea i think his lighter wasnt working either so some sort of accesory fuse maybe? if it wasnt dark out id go check for ya. im sure someone who knows will see this soon

Gadget

Reaction score
When you say it does not work, what do you mean?

Does it light up, but not communicate, or does not light up at all?

If it does not light up at all, check the OBD port fuse.

If it lights up, but does not communicate, I would ohm out the signal to the can buss.

G

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
no lights, no nothing.

I assume that the book will say where that fuse is? Ill check it out this afternoon

rich017

Reaction score
Check your cigarette lighter fuse! They run off the same fuse

Also, did you back probe the OBD port or anything with something like a multimeter? That will mess up the pins in there. The number #4 pin is power and #16 pin is ground and if the cigarette lighter fuse is still good, be careful and check the #4 & #16 pin with a multimeter. But only if you have a small enough probe. Do not jam it in there

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
thats no good because the cig lighter still works.

I have some small DMM leads at home that I can probe it with

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
---------FIXED IT-----------

There is a 7.5 amp fuse in the box under the hood labled on board diagnostics in the user manual
It was blown, how i dono but o well

thanks guys

rich017

Reaction score
---------FIXED IT-----------

There is a 7.5 amp fuse in the box under the hood labled on board diagnostics in the user manual
It was blown, how i dono but o well

thanks guys

Must be a Ford and GM thing then. lol

Just about all the vehicles I have messed with that Had an OBD problem wither had a back-probed OBD connectors or had the cig fuse blown out

gen2crvtec

Reaction score
Check your cigarette lighter fuse! They run off the same fuse

Also, did you back probe the OBD port or anything with something like a multimeter? That will mess up the pins in there. The number #4 pin is power and #16 pin is ground and if the cigarette lighter fuse is still good, be careful and check the #4 & #16 pin with a multimeter. But only if you have a small enough probe. Do not jam it in there

pin 16 is always constant power for scan tools etc. pin 4&5 are grounds. i run in to this every once in a while at work

Top Bottom