Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OEM Oil Cooler

ntinhri

Reaction score
Hey guys- As most of you know I just added the OEM O/C. I wanted to help you out cause I ran into a few issues..

you need the following parts to convert your x over to a OEM oil cooler and the prices you can expect to pay.. TRD race program price vs what the dealer will charge you.

Cooler unit- Part Number: 15710-31010 $692.22 -
Hose#1- Part Number: 15777-31010 $21.94 -
Hose#2- Part Number: 15778-31010 $21.93 -
Union bolt- Part Number: 15695-22010 $21.88
T-stat housing- Part Number: 16323-0P020 $92.76 -
16326-31010 thermostat oring
96761-35031 upper tube oring
16325-31010 lower oring

ALWAYS replace cheap orings when changing parts like this....saves you a ton of hassle...i did this install w/ new orings and didnt have any sort of leak, worked perfect. also, didnt have to trim any hoses, everything worked perfect in my case?

edit: see here for a pictorial representation of needed parts...

Also go ahead and pick up a gallon of Toyota antifreeze and 4 hose clamps.. There are 2 new rubber o-rings you might need as well.. They are on the water neck (the neck it 2 pieces) one small metal piece about 3 inches long in the water sub assembly. It is reccomend to to replace the o-rings while its apart. I didnt and got it all back together and it leaked. I HIGHLY suggest spend the 2 dollars.. Also pay close attention to the fan after you get every thing back together, I have to shorten the OEM water cooler lines. If I had started it the fan woulda sliced up the 2 hoses.. If you have the x-1 go ahead and add som RTV on the back side of the thermo stat housing and install it before you install the sub assembly..

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/05FSM/repair.html this might help aswell.. Look under oil cooler and water system..

truck005-1.jpg

truck006-1.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to pm me!!:top:

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
thanks for the parts listings...I'm sure there's a ton a members here who have been dying to get their hands on this setup...

I didn't know this until I did more research...cause I'm TRD 4x4 the OEM O/C came with the truck already installed...I was pretty stoked when I found that out...

bspsurf

Reaction score
Thanks for the parts list. Now I just have to find the money!!!

Coupe

Reaction score
I bought one of these from Deathshadow. I am looking forward to getting it installed.

Thanks for the pics.

5000XD

Reaction score
Very nice, looks good! I'm gonna get one of these soon.

yosh2000

imfoaminhardcuz
Reaction score
Hey guys- As most of you know I just added the OEM O/C. I wanted to help you out cause I ran into a few issues..

you need the following parts to convert your x over to a OEM oil cooler and the prices you can expect to pay.. TRD race program price vs what the dealer will charge you.

Cooler unit- Part Number: 15710-31010 $692.22 -$340.11
Hose#1- Part Number: 15777-31010 $21.94 -$7.06
Hose#2- Part Number: 15778-31010 $21.93 - $9.48
Union bolt- Part Number: 15695-22010 $21.86 - $7.05
T-stat housing- Part Number: 16323-0P020 $92.76 - $45.55
i also added the oem cooler, but i picked mine up for $35 total, this included the tstat housing and everything...deal of the year!!

one question, i thought deathshadow stated that $500 was dealer cost for the cooler unit and hoses only not even including the tstat housing...how did you get those parts for $365....something sounds fishy here (and now you cannot delete my post deathshadow...)

part numbers for the mentioned o-rings...
16325-31010 lower oring

ALWAYS replace cheap orings when changing parts like this....saves you a ton of hassle...i did this install w/ new orings and didnt have any sort of leak, worked perfect. also, didnt have to trim any hoses, everything worked perfect in my case?

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
i also added the oem cooler, but i picked mine up for $35 total, this included the tstat housing and everything...deal of the year!!

one question, i thought deathshadow stated that $500 was dealer cost for the cooler unit and hoses only not even including the tstat housing...how did you get those parts for $365....something sounds fishy here (and now you cannot delete my post deathshadow...)

16325-31010 lower oring

$35 bucks? sounds like you rented a trd 4x4 and did a swap out..:biggrin:. Anyway if you read my post my prices are thru the TRD racing program. I can buy parts cheaper than the dealer. Death was correct his cost is about 500 bucks. But if you race (legally) and your accepted into the program, they keep you on the track with some great prices..:top:...

I hope you dont mind but I added your info to my first post to keep it clean and helpful!! thx

yosh2000

imfoaminhardcuz
Reaction score
no, i did it legit. there was a local guy that was parting out an engine and i made an offer that he accepted! im an honest guy.

gotcha...dont mind about the edit, im here to help everyone out!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

16325-31010 lower oring

No hard feelings there man, your posts were deleted due to their irrelevance in the for sale thread they resided in.

They were in violation of site rules, disrespectful to myself, and irrelevant to the sale of the product.

That is why they were deleted.

You seem like a cool dude, but I was just trying to move some overstock at cost. If you got real lucky and picked a used one up for 35 bucks im happy for you.

But dont bust my balls over a legit sale at cost, its just not cool.

bspsurf

Reaction score
Thanks for the parts list, anyway to find this online cheaper than the dealer? Also, I wanted to put a Oil temp guage on. Any ideas on a good guage and where would the sensor go? Thanks for you help.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I run AEM digital oil gauge.

If you contact TRDparts.com they typically have great prices. I wouldnt just walk in dealership say give me this. cause they will give it to you straight up the pooper shooter........

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
oilpress001.jpg

oilpress002.jpg

This is the oem cooler, with an added sandwich plate. Sensors for oil pressure & oil temp.

As an alternate, you could put a tee under the stock oil pressure light. This will only work with NA as the S/C belt is too close.

oilpress004.jpg

livinginsa

Reaction score
That is really pricey. Is it really worth it? What does the sandwich plate do? Maybe, in some ways I am cheap or I just don't understand why so much money for an oil cooler.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
That is really pricey. Is it really worth it? What does the sandwich plate do? Maybe, in some ways I am cheap or I just don't understand why so much money for an oil cooler.
What a engine oil cooler does is keep the temp of the oil down even more so than without one. for example its found on tacomas with the towing package (have no idea why not for the 4runner:motz: I have an F'ing tow package!) as towing can be very hard on an engine. when the engine is warming up the coolant helps it to warm up faster and when hot the coolant helps keep the oil at an idle operating temp. also in cold weather it keeps the oil warm. This is alot different than those oil coolers with just the sandwich plate and the cooler you place in front of the radiator. Why its so pricey your basically getting a new water pump, the coolant lines and the sandwich plate on which the oil filter goes onto. Think of it like this its cheap insurance especially when your boosted. you can either pay $700 for the oil cooler our buy a new motor. you can always cut the expense down if you found a wrecked tacoma with the factory oil cooler.

SX TOY

Reaction score
you have to know what to look for but I got mine with a spare motor I bought. got it all for 900.

thelostrican

Reaction score
I just got all the parts thx to this post....I got tired of looking at eBay so after 3 months I ordered....

Top Bottom