Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official 4.0L V6 1GR Build....

Generation-X

Reaction score
What would you say is a good completion date for the project build?

Sounds good so far and im anxious to see what it can do and how it sounds

Murderface

Reaction score
350 hp to the wheels with no boost, I'm interested to see how ur gonna do that:dontknow:

Must be a lot of fun jumping thru the dunes with that susp setup!

Baja1GR

Reaction score
350-500HP n/a to the wheel has been done before:rock: I know a guy that has built a couple of them...but he wanted $10,000 to build the motor lol.... Looks at it this way....the ford 4.5L nascar motor puts out 550HP to the wheel....there are a few ford rangers that run that motor!!! My goal is 350HP to the wheel....if my heads were polished then 350hp would be alot easy to get to....

Well my next race is April 24th....2 months from now....My goal is to get the motor done by March 24th..then have the install done by April 10....that is my goal....time and money will tell! lol

ntinhri

Reaction score
Its good to see other vendors involve with your build... But I bet some of the guys here will be emailing or pming you to get involve.. I be URD will get a sticker on your truck!

COWBELL

Reaction score
350 hp to the wheels with no boost, I'm interested to see how ur gonna do that:dontknow:

Must be a lot of fun jumping thru the dunes with that susp setup!
very possible for a 4.0 with the right build, very excited to see the results though..
only prob is looking like a fully custom build and probably more $ than SC/turbo...

Murderface

Reaction score
very possible for a 4.0 with the right build, very excited to see the results though..
only prob is looking like a fully custom build and probably more $ than SC/turbo...

If u read my post I never said it wasn't possible, but I still don't believe it's gonna happen.

Baja1GR

Reaction score
Yeah this build does cost alot more then a turbo/SC set-up...I do love boost, i also have a supercharged 2.4L tacoma....but in the desert, gotta keep it very reliable....it gets over 100+ degrees out there...i know turbos dont like hot weather....i rather just "build" an already reliable motor!!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
This is awesome. Thanks for the new background!

Baja1GR

Reaction score
why dont u call Luis at paradise racing or call LC Engineering, it is very possible! just have to have the $$$$$ ...:eviltongue: If a Ford 4.5L can put out 550HP to the wheel, then a toyota 4.0L can put 350-500HP n/a...

350-500 hp N/A to the wheels on a 1GR motor? Doubt it

rat7761

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, It is costing alot lol, Iam glad a few of my sponsors are helping me out with the build! Yes, it is going into my 1999 toyota tacoma..which has a 2005 conversion front end! umm power wise, not too sure...on race fuel and dyno/tuning time, iam hoping around 300-350HP to the wheel....Well just have to see!! :rock:
With headwork, compression, and cams that HP goal shouldn't be a problem. Horsepower is made in the heads, especially if the motor is naturally aspirated. That SDS standalone is good stuff.

Baja1GR

Reaction score
Picked up 2-2.5" flowmasters of CL for 25 bucks!! gonna run dual exhuast...
flowmaster40.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
why dont u call Luis at paradise racing or call LC Engineering, it is very possible! just have to have the $$$$$ ...:eviltongue: If a Ford 4.5L can put out 550HP to the wheel, then a toyota 4.0L can put 350-500HP n/a...

I don't need to call anyone, ur the one claiming u can build a 1Gr that has 350-500 hp to the wheels NA.

We see people come on here all the time claiming to have endless pocket money. They end up falling off the face of the earth after a few posts. So what u need to do is build ur motor and prove that u can do it. I don need to do shit but sit here and wait for it to happen.

I'd love to see I lay down that kind of power:top: but honestly I don't see it happening and only because people always make claims and disappear. It's nothing personal bro just do it and I'll have nothing more to say except congrats on proving me wrong.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted. We're all eager to see u lay down more power then anyone on here with blowers and nitrous.

This was never a bashing post, just doubtful that's all

ntinhri

Reaction score
**I'd like to see this thread cleaned up and only show info about the build, 4 pages already and nothing really new.. Lets clean it up to have on kick ars thread.. I think some posts are negative and really I think we can all earn from this (good or bad)..

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I think 300-350 is very possible on race fuel, maybe a very small bore job, ported, cammed, tuned, higher compression.

I really want to see a dyno graph when you are done, id like to see how your new cams lay down the power.

Top Bottom