Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official: TexFest 2011

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh,i usually lower my tire pressure, but for lo pro street tires, i've heard that theres no diff. And yes raising that rev lim. will deff. help. I had someone with a s/c tibby run me (i gave him a roll to "help" even though he has 330fwhp and only weighs 30xx lbs). First run he starts in 4th instead of 3rd. second run he starts in 3rd and gets a nice lil gap on me, but as we were approaching our target (120) i start reeling him in, all of a sudden i see him let off and pull over. I was like wth, i know he didnt hit 120. Turns out, he saw me reeling him in, and he kept it in 4th a lil too long to stay ahead of me, and the car went into limp mode lol. He lost lol. Now i have a rematch,...from a dig lol

butters607

Reaction score
yea im still gonna have to shift to 4th sucks but wellguess i got 3 chances to mess it up each run lol

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Lol. You're on then bro. Of course now though, I am mainly just left with a really slow transmission. Like Butters said, I need to lower the tire pressure as well. I cannot believe that I forgot to last time. So traction this time won't be such an issue. Going to raise my rev limiter a tad as well. That way, I won't be bouncing off it it in 4th gear as I an crossing the line. :rolleyez:

:eviltongue: :fail: :aetsch: :crinklehair:

Remember, we are all stuck with that same slow transmission....and you didn't lower the tire pressure... :fail: :eviltongue:

I kept 34psi in my tires, I fishtailed through second gear, my first time out with boost. I can only imagine with your truck...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember, we are all stuck with that same slow transmission....and you didn't lower the tire pressure... :fail: :eviltongue:

I kept 34psi in my tires, I fishtailed through second gear, my first time out with boost. I can only imagine with your truck...

No, trust me. Mine is much slower than all of yours. TRUST ME. Britt and Xrunnit are 1st hand driven verifiers of the fact. Almost takes a good 2 seconds to get into 2nd gear, most times. :stupid:

Yeah, it didn't even cross my mind to lower my tire pressure even a little. Brain fart...

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Almost takes a good 2 seconds to get into 2nd gear, most times. :stupid:

i know something that can take away all the shifting lag...SEQUENTIALLY SHIFTED TRANNY...no clutch required...:blurock:

Slay0r

Reaction score
theres a reason why im not a professional.

let me better explain,...ill help out as much as i can for the ppl that are racing lol

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
No, trust me. Mine is much slower than all of yours. TRUST ME. Britt and Xrunnit are 1st hand driven verifiers of the fact. Almost takes a good 2 seconds to get into 2nd gear, most times. :stupid:

Yeah, it didn't even cross my mind to lower my tire pressure even a little. Brain fart...

Wat. 2 seconds? Wow. That blows....

if your tranny is going out, try what lateonthebrakes said, try running the 75-90ns...worth a shot. :dontknow:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter on that as well. Have tried many different fluids already.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have. I need to double check.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Cue granny shiftin' & double clutchin' F & F quote for Mark lol

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Got you guys a "News" thread. If anyone had managed to overlook this thread/meet, they won't any longer. Good luck planning a great meet. XRU is happy to donate a $50 gift certificate to the XRU Store. Those of you in charge of the raffle please PM me and I'll make sure you get what you need. Thanks.

Top Bottom