Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oh noes!!!! X-1 died?WTF!!!

thelostrican

Reaction score
Was driving to work today an the x runner died on me at 30 mph...would crank but not turn on...after 10 minutes of going thru basics I disconnected the x1 and broom...went to work...truck felt normal etc..didn't fitted since I don't want to break anything...

Either way is there any way I can connect this to my pc to see if it's working? Do apr fixes them?
After work I tried reconnecting it many times....no go...I also notice that when the x1 one is connected and I put the key on, the temp gauge goes all the way up...it cranks but doesn't turn on..

This sucks, I haven't work or done anything to my truck in months...any ideas guys?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have to send it out. So it cranks but doesn't fire? does it pull any cels?

ntinhri

Reaction score
Push it in like hell! maybe it backed it self out... CALL APR see if they help...

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Yep, call APR....

I hope you are still in warranty.

If I can help in anyway, let me know.

G

Murderface

Reaction score
So G what happens if ur outta warranty? Warranty is (1) year correct? Hopefully they can fix it for ya, wonder how much they would charge if ur outta warranty? At least for myself I have the ECU reflash to fall back on if this happens to me, I'll just have to take off all the hi boost goodies.

Now since he said his temp gauge was pegged out, is there a reason that the X-1 won't let it start because of some safety feature? I didn't see him say that when the X-1 isn't on the truck that the temp gauge is normal.

Gadget

Reaction score
That is the scary thing. In warranty or out of warranty you may be screwed.

I have shipped three new X-1s out of my inventory to take care of warranty issues and I have not gotten any of them replaced by APR that that has been well over a year.

I have one customer now with a jacked up X-1 and I have no way to help him. He has already returned to to APR and they sent it back and he still cannot drive the truck.

I am sure somethings can be fixed, but it if can't I do not think there is a way to get it replaced right now. Hopefully that will change. I know I have bought a couple of used units to get customers squared away, but I cannot keep doing that.

Lets all hope it is a simple thing that will get him back up and running.

No, the guardian will not prevent and engine start. The guardian only works when the throttle is more than 75% or something like that. It is adjustable.

G

blastap

Reaction score
I dont understand what these guys at Apr are doing? They are making exhaust components and building motors but have yet to replenish stock on X-1's. If you are relying on this magic box to get you to work and back I would like to think if it breaks then I could get a replacement.

joeblaze78

Reaction score
Is the x-1 the only way to go. Is there any other engine management systems out the for the xrunner

thelostrican

Reaction score
It returns to normal, the temp gauge...I'll call them tomorrow...

Trucks runs normal I have the Trd flash, but all the higher boost things on my sig..i am being very careful watching my afr etc...not going full wot...

Hopefully apr can save me...

Murderface

Reaction score
That is the scary thing. In warranty or out of warranty you may be screwed.

I have shipped three new X-1s out of my inventory to take care of warranty issues and I have not gotten any of them replaced by APR that that has been well over a year.

I have one customer now with a jacked up X-1 and I have no way to help him. He has already returned to to APR and they sent it back and he still cannot drive the truck.

I am sure somethings can be fixed, but it if can't I do not think there is a way to get it replaced right now. Hopefully that will change. I know I have bought a couple of used units to get customers squared away, but I cannot keep doing that.

Lets all hope it is a simple thing that will get him back up and running.

No, the guardian will not prevent and engine start. The guardian only works when the throttle is more than 75% or something like that. It is adjustable.

G

Thats what I thought about the guardian and the temp sensor, figured I don't know it all so I had to ask.
Well OP hopefully APR can fix urs and get u hi boosting again. This is what scares me that mine will do this also and I won't be able to get it fixed and since they have no more X-1's I'd be back to a single 2.8" pulley on the snout and hopefully the reflash can handle it, either that or I keep the NST overdrive pulleys on and put the stock pulley back on the snout. Guess I need to hurry up and sell my X-1:smile:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I would first start by making sure its FULLY pressed in. if it was easy to pull out, Id bet it back itself out.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the x-1 the only way to go. Is there any other engine management systems out the for the xrunner

There are. URD sells the Map-ECU3 and you can get a plug in play harness for that. Pro EFI has the Pro 48, and Pro 128. I am running the 128. There are many others out there that work as well. Just no direct support yet.

greddy, HKS, AEM (< they have a plug n play harness as well), Haltech,and so on.

Last edited:

off-road taco06

Reaction score
I had somewhat of a similar issue with my truck, but I was at work trying to leave and I left my laptop plugged into the X-1 while @ work and it died in standby mode. When i went to start the truck, all it did was crank, never turned over. Once i noticed I left the laptop plugged in, i unplugged the usb cable from the X-1 and BOOM, truck turned over fine with no issues.

So make sure you don't have the laptop plugged into the X-1 before starting the truck. AND MAKE SURE ITS PUSHED IN ALLLLLLL THHHEEEE WAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Good luck dude! :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I had somewhat of a similar issue with my truck, but I was at work trying to leave and I left my laptop plugged into the X-1 while @ work and it died in standby mode. When i went to start the truck, all it did was crank, never turned over. Once i noticed I left the laptop plugged in, i unplugged the usb cable from the X-1 and BOOM, truck turned over fine with no issues.

So make sure you don't have the laptop plugged into the X-1 before starting the truck. AND MAKE SURE ITS PUSHED IN ALLLLLLL THHHEEEE WAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Now that you mention it I remember mine did the same thing with laptop plugged in...

Emanon

Reaction score
I dont understand what these guys at Apr are doing? They are making exhaust components and building motors but have yet to replenish stock on X-1's.

This.

To the OP good luck!

butters607

Reaction score

yea never do that cause if your driving down the road and your computer falls asleep your gonna scare the shit outta yourself i just make my computer stay awake the whole time im using it to datalog or tune:top:

5000XD

Reaction score
There are. URD sells the Map-ECU3 and you can get a plug in play harness for that. Pro EFI has the Pro 48, and Pro 128. I am running the 128. There are many others out there that work as well. Just no direct support yet.

greddy, HKS, AEM (< they have a plug n play harness as well), Haltech,and so on.

None have the guardian as on the X1 I believe. Plus with the 2.7 pulley you need to run that 7th injector which is controlled by the X1. No idea how that would work with the other brands.

Man I hope mine keeps going or else I'm screwed :thumbdown:

Good luck getting it fixed!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine does. It has many "Guardian" features actually. Water temp cut-off, oil pressure cut-off, fuel pressure cut-off, knock cut-off......and more.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Mine does. It has many "Guardian" features actually. Water temp cut-off, oil pressure cut-off, fuel pressure cut-off, knock cut-off......and more.

I bet it can control additional injectors as well. :blurock:

rexrunner

Reaction score

How does the x1 know fuel psi? Though AFR?

Anyways yes make sure its plugged in tight. Put a large zip tie around the x1/ecu to hold it in tight

Top Bottom