Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oil Filter PN List

AFP520

Reaction score
What does that amsoil filter run you?
$15.20 I think from the site? It's like $20 after shipping but I usually get the oil too. I have a oil analysis kit from Blackstone labs still I think I might send out my stock oil to see what's up. This will be my first change. I'm gonna be doing it tonight hopefully. I just hope I don't need to jack the truck up.

larojax-r

Reaction score
i've been using PZ34 (QS16) for mine, no problem at all so far, it's just a bigger filter, same thread hole/gasket seating area as the factory filter, and it does have the anti-drain valve as well.

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
Purlator Pure One filters have two filters to fit the X. The short filter is numbered PL10241. The larger 5 1/4" Pure One filter is pl20195 I ordered from Amazon the larger filter for $29.64 for 6 filters with free shipping.

Last edited:

TacoInvader

Reaction score
I changed my oil/filter today. I had a Puralotor Pure one, part number PL10241. It's the same as the Purolator: L10241, but the better one, I guess. When I took it off no oil came out, it was bone dry. Does that mean it does not have a anti-drain valve?

Odd. They do have a anti drain valve in them... That's always what I used on my dakota when I had it and i had planned on using them on the X also..

FUGU

Reaction score
My K&N filter was dry too , I had drained oil about an hour before I removed filter . I know K&N filters have anti-drainback valves , maybe the way the filter is mounted dries it out . Anybody experienced a dry filter too ? :hmmmm2:

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
I just got my 09' has anything changed as far as part numbers for that . I just bought a TRD oil filter. The picture on the web was white, and I got a black part. And the part numbe does not match the one at the top list.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I just got my 09' has anything changed as far as part numbers for that . I just bought a TRD oil filter. The picture on the web was white, and I got a black part. And the part numbe does not match the one at the top list.

Part #'s should be the same as posted. :top:

greyfox

Reaction score
So how about running royal purple ? Any good ? All the way around engine , filter , and tranny oil? Also do we have clutch oil .. !? Sorry my first manual owned I need to know everything LOL

DoubleD

Reaction score
Hey gadget at some point mentioned a larger amsoil filter. Anyone know what it was? It was not listed on the amsoil site for our truck but be said it was a compatible filter that was larger in size. I need it!!! Any ideas? G?

Gadget

Reaction score
SDF57 is the stock replacement. SDF34 is the exact same filter 1" longer.

Gadget

DoubleD

Reaction score
O so its a toyota filter not an Ea amsoil filter then

Gadget

Reaction score
Ops. You are right.

The SDF oil filter line was discontinued years ago. Show how long I have been around...

The new part numbers are EA057 for the stock replacement, and EA034 for the 1" longer version. I have a case of the EA034 that I have been tripping over for a while now...

The EA version uses the new Donaldson's Nano Fiber synthetic media very much like they use in the air filters. It is supposed to be the best oil filter media available.

Gadget

Slay0r

Reaction score
thx so much for this quick reference thread

when i was at the local auto parts store buying the oil filter it said to get (Fram) 3614

when im changing my oil, i notice i have a Toyota:90915-YZZD3

with it being about an inch longer than the new Fram one, it had me worried for a minute.

Top Bottom