Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oil leak timing cover question

STONER-X

Reaction score
so i remembered that there was a flurry of post and a TSB on a timing cover leak (i just looked at the TSB).... i just changed my oil today Castrol syntec 5-30 for those who want to know) im just a Castrol guy)...... while i was doing the oil plug i noticed a light amount of oil on the front pass side of the motor, im gonna assume its that problem...

My question........

has anyone gone in to get this fixed and had problems with the mods they had? i know that they have to prove that a mod caused a problem in order to reject... i payed for the 100,000 mile warranty so it should be covered i just hate to get blind sided with a rejected warranty unexpectedly... i do have a larger than stock oil filter but that's not going to do anything..... but the s/c pulley stuffing more boost in there??????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

M. Hazard

Reaction score
i noticed the samething on mine the other day didnt find any oil but it looked wet i use the same oil as you and i have no mods never knew there was a tsb for it ima have to bring it in before my 100,000 is up im at 86,000

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Toyota is aware of that issue. It is usually right near the power steering unit. Your S/C will have no impact on that whatsoever. Unless some how you are pressurizing the crank case. It happens on N/A alike.
I would definitely have warranty do the work. You don't want to have to pull that timing cover off, yourself just to put more silicone on. That is one PIA.

M. Hazard

Reaction score
so i took mine back to toyota to get checked out and they told me its not covered under warrenty because its not leaking and its only sweat from the timeing case and its normal and untill it starts leaking oil they wont cover it. and on top of that they are trying to charge me $100 for them looking at it WTF toyota. not happy at all about this

Grumpy

Reaction score
Yeah, its normal:rolleyez: The whole motor should sweat than according to their prognosis than and not just one spot.
They're denying warranty while shafting you with a bill, take your truck to different dealer next time.

I have the same problem, leak around where the PS pump mounted. Like Mark said timing cover reseal is a good size job. Rather do a clutch job than one of those.

PiNkY

Reaction score
so i remembered that there was a flurry of post and a TSB on a timing cover leak (i just looked at the TSB).... i just changed my oil today Castrol syntec 5-30 for those who want to know) im just a Castrol guy)...... while i was doing the oil plug i noticed a light amount of oil on the front pass side of the motor, im gonna assume its that problem...

My question........

has anyone gone in to get this fixed and had problems with the mods they had? i know that they have to prove that a mod caused a problem in order to reject... i payed for the 100,000 mile warranty so it should be covered i just hate to get blind sided with a rejected warranty unexpectedly... i do have a larger than stock oil filter but that's not going to do anything..... but the s/c pulley stuffing more boost in there??????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
I took mine to Fred Haas and they covered mine - no questions asked. But I don't have a s/c like you. I do have a few engine mods though. They never hasle me at that place - good peeps there

Top Bottom