Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

? on x1

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i was thinking of running an x1...i have a nx nitrous setup and would like to be able to pull timeing out to use more nitrous safeley...i am only running a 50hp shot now would like to go to a 100hp shot it will be progressive 50hp than add the other 50hp at a later rpm...i wanted to know can you switch maps on the fly like if was running no nitrous thank wanted to run niitrous could i easaly switch maps with the x1 or would i have to reboot the x1 to get my map to take....also what kind of gains are people seeing out of the x1 by itself...any input would be gratley appreciated...

micpun

Reaction score
u can save it to a thumbdrive and load it that way. but if you wanna jump back and forth i think you would need two jump drives or just pull the laptop out to reflash it. doug would be best to talk about it.

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes, you can have as many different maps as you want loaded on different USB sticks.

All you have to do is stick the USB stick into the dash port and the calibration on the USB stick instantly becomes active. You don't have to reboot anything.

G

ntinhri

Reaction score
Doug (deathshadow) has most of this all figured out. Fyi there are wires for nitrous setups on the aux. Plug. I think the x1 can me programed for a progressive setup. But I'm not the expert (dougy is)

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Purchasing an X1 with the goal of making nitrous use safer is definitely a wise idea.

As gadget stated above you can simply keep your nitrous maps on flash drives.

There are MANY variables and many different approaches to making the two work correctly together.

If you are serious about it, catch me in chat one night or give me a ring and id be more then happy to go over everything with you.

FYI most American progressive controllers fail to keep the solenoids in sync.

Either way we can help you decide the route you want to go and hook you up with an X1 if you wish to purchase one.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
thank you all and i hope to catch you in chat sometime...if not i will give ya a call

ntinhri

Reaction score
Please post results. I'd love to hear of some examples of what uve done and how the trucks holding up!

willieshotg3

Reaction score
right now it has a 50hp wet shot, stock plugs, urd cai, urd short throw shifter i choped 2" out of the stick, lowerd 2", dt long tube headers, tuned with a urd maf calibrator, the nitrous kit is a nx wet kit with bottle warmer msd rpm window switch set to engauge nitrous at 2500 rpm at wot and shut off at 5400 rpm with a digital wot switch,...i have blown a rear diff ring and pinion into 33 pices and the second gear syncro is going out again...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Id do a staged setup unless you want to spend some bucks on a nice progressive kit.

2500 is low...

willieshotg3

Reaction score
staged i would just run like a 50hp shot off one nozel and solinoide and have another nozel and solinoid for the other 50 shot right?

willieshotg3

Reaction score
thats what i plan on doing can the x1 cont exturnal solinoids at 2 diffrent rpms

ntinhri

Reaction score
I'm all gitty! I want to see a video or a dyno chart! How many miles do u have on the set up? How's the engine? Everything running great?

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i have 87k on the truck....about 40k with the nitrous installed....i have ran 1 15lb bottles and 3 10 lb bottles through it...i dont run nitrous to much...evrything with the engine is great...no mil, misfires, knocks, or power loss...i have not ran on the dyno with nitrous ...i have some nat asprated runs i can try to find but i have posted them before and evryone started flaming me...i will try to find them and upload them...they are off a mustang dyno

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
i have 87k on the truck....about 40k with the nitrous installed....i have ran 1 15lb bottles and 3 10 lb bottles through it...i dont run nitrous to much...evrything with the engine is great...no mil, misfires, knocks, or power loss...i have not ran on the dyno with nitrous ...i have some nat asprated runs i can try to find but i have posted them before and evryone started flaming me...i will try to find them and upload them...they are off a mustang dyno

STAY AWAY from any dyno operator (especially on loaded dynos) that are not familiar with doing runs with nitrous oxide.

Honestly the simple & safest way for you is to set up your own stages OR spend the bucks and go with a nice progressive setup.

Top Bottom