Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

One tire fire

Nick_c

Reaction score
I was runnin around today and stopped for a power brake burnout. I don't know if I was stepping on the brake too hard or if the LSD is jacked but what you guys think. Only had one tire spinning. I know it has LSD it has the sticker on the housing and I've jacked up the truck on one side and you can't spin the tire. So....maybe to much brake? What kind if LSD is it gear or clutch, Anyone know?

Gadget

Reaction score
The LSD in my 05 crapped out in short order.

I replaced it with a TrueTrac and that has worked great ever since.

G

autobodyX

Reaction score
I just ordered and installed one I got from Summit Racing. 470.00 ish shipped. I'll post the part # tomorrow. You will need to get a seal and a couple of bearings for the install.

Nick_c

Reaction score
So diff bearings. I'm guessing a pinion seal?

Gadget

Reaction score
You should not need a seal for the installation.

Just two carrier bearings.

Try www.JustDifferentials.com ask for Carl and tell him Gadget sent you.

G

autobodyX

Reaction score
You need A913A541 trutrac and a Differential gasket 42181-34011 and two bearings 90366-51001 from the Toyota dealer.
8558702935_fa6629daac.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
I have had zero luck with that paper gasket. Right Stuff way better result, for me anyway.

G

autobodyX

Reaction score
I have had zero luck with that paper gasket. Right Stuff way better result, for me anyway.

G
The paper gasket is amazingly easy to tear and and only fits in one position if it gets torn better goop it up.

Nick_c

Reaction score
Is it plug and play or do you need to set it up with a paint pen and dial indicator?

G

I'm a Honda bond guy. Is the best sealer in the world. I'll send you a tube if you've never used it

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
I put my 3.10 back in for now. I would like to try something different later.

Is it plug and play or do you need to set it up with a paint pen and dial indicator?

Yes you need to check the backlash in your unit before you start and make it he same after the install. Yes it was a easy install for me I checked and measured and just ended up dropping the new unit in with the same shims/spacers it had in it.

Last edited:

Nick_c

Reaction score
I put my 3.10 back in for now. I would like to try something different later.

Yes you need to check the backlash in your unit before you start and make it he same after the install. Yes it was a easy install for me I checked and measured and just ended up dropping the new unit in with the same shims/spacers it had in it.

Sounds like its a drop in. But still needs to be checked.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Trd offroad with ABS killswitch.........I was NOT LOCKED.....rear end was open.

Simple brake stand for about 3 seconds and didn't move, then a full release and wot..........2 marks.

Bonus points for doing it in a toyota in front of the Ford dealership and having the service writers come out and give me thumbs up....
ForumRunner_20130426_012533.jpg

G.Hoonigan

Reaction score
New here, but I've been having the same issue I guess. But my issue is while drifting my truck during a right hand turn ( drivers side is sliding out ) it doesn't want to actually push power to that side, only when I go left ( passenger side out ) will it actually push power and drift. I've been trying to ask around and figure out why it does this or what I need to make that stop. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom