Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

opinion on this intake

justin13703

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-C...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aba00306a#ht_5184wt_1214

found this intake i know cheap ebay but having problem with system for my 2012 think this might be simple easy solution till they make something better to fit the 2012 what do you guys think?

Oh man. Don't ever put that intake on your truck. That looks like dryer ducting with a filter on the end. I can guarantee you will gain no power with that, in fact probably lose power. The urd intake is what you need to get.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There are times where universal parts are the best choice. This particular instance and part, are definitely not.

Check out www.urdusa.com, and look through their list of intakes. :top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
If you are trying to save some coin go to homedepot and get a piece of 3.5" PVC then go to autozone and get a maf adapter and air filter... it will be just as good as the k&n set up and better than that eBay one...

xrunrob

Reaction score
you can always make your own. i made my own intake. only cost me 12 bucks. i had the pipe laying around just needed the adapter for the maf sensor. cheap and effective. love the way it sounds. it will hold me over till i can get a real one.
imag1455o.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
you can always make your own. i made my own intake. only cost me 12 bucks. i had the pipe laying around just needed the adapter for the maf sensor. cheap and effective. love the way it sounds. it will hold me over till i can get a real one.
imag1455o.jpg

That thing is doing nothing but sucking in hot engine bay air!

Crimson KING

Reaction score
Can anyone post some detailed pics of the URD intake? I'm curious as to how the have the MAF "calibrated". I can build the rest of the setup at work but I want my MAF to be in the best spot possible. Curious as to what they did with theirs.

STONER-X

Reaction score
there was someone who built a similar URD set up... he is no longer on the site... so it can be done... its not hard.. its just a "U" shaped intake with a few other bends.... i think the best spot for the MAF sensor is closer to the filter rather than closer to the TB... if there is a leak after the maf sensor then it will see it... the calibrator is a product sold by URD... it is product that is well worth the money for the possible HP gains when tuned...

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
you must wonder how someone can think of an idiodic system like that...

Bobby B

Reaction score
uhm can you plunge your toilet with that thing too?

redarkx

Reaction score
Where does the maf even relocate to on this setup? Definatley don't do it op!

Top Bottom