Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

opinions on these 2 Double Dins

rich017

Reaction score
Depending if I can sell my Kenwood Double Din I will be getting one of these two Double Dins. My Kenwood doesn't have enough pre-outs to run both my amps without everything running weird.

So I am looking at an Eclipse AVN6620. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...+AVN62D.html?gclid=CIG_t7uyj50CFR2dnAod3iGS3Q

and a Clarion NX409. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17846_Clarion+NX409+-NX-409-.html

I like both but not really sure which one I would want. The Clarion is a new unit and the nav and screen resolution look better compared to the Eclipse unit and the Clarion also has usb input and some other feature. The Eclipse I know is a good unit and I like how I can just plug it into the factory harness and also keep my steering wheel controls. The Eclipse also has 5V Pre-outs and might sound a little better cause it's an Eclipse. The only thing is that the Eclipse is around 2yrs old compared to the clarion

opinions on the 2 units please...

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
i've never even heard of these units before......

rich017

Reaction score
any input guys?

Would really like to hear some opinions from others before I make a decision. Also looking at a Pioneer Avic F-series but have never really liked pioneer

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
hey rich.....

Ok just from personal experience.... NO CLARION lol

Bought 5 different units for my explorer all died within months of install, different reasons for each motor died in face, would no longer read discs, amp outs no longer sending signals, lost the left bank of speaker outs, nightmare to say the least. I also won one when i worked at Circuit city and everytime i went of a bump skipped disc very poor quality compared to eclipse or pioneer just my opnion.

I have a JVC and love it. But i would go with eclipse cause it has a higher RCA output with 5v compared to 2v, and it 20 x 4watts RMS which is just slightly better but it magnifies when it goes to the amp, plus eclipse is 7" screen compared to 6.5" which is an extra 1/4 inch on all sides cuase its a diagnonal measure.

The eclipse is 90db rated while you dont know the clarion 90db is really good :top:

i would go with eclipse for reliablity issues with clarion.

rich017

Reaction score
Thats nice to know about the Clarion. I knew they were good in the past but now I guess they just make cheap stuff.

Just came across some pioneer avics and will probably find a place with one so I can mess with it. I like the Eclipse unit but the graphic quality on it makes it look so old...

rice247

Reaction score
I've had various Eclipse decks and had maybe one that skipped but that was fixed quickly by them under warranty and worked for another couple of years before I sold it.

HiTek21

Reaction score
I have the Eclipse AVN726e and I love it, not sure how it compares with the 6620 though. My only issue is how long it takes the nav to find a satellite signal sometimes

4VsX

Reaction score
Both are good. Many people here are running the avn6610, 6620 units. Both good. My buddy has a lexus running clarion. Sounds good. No problems so far.

Hitman

Reaction score
I have the Eclipse AVN726e and I love it, not sure how it compares with the 6620 though. My only issue is how long it takes the nav to find a satellite signal sometimes

U have the new eclipse unit is it true you can change the colors of the buttons does the navi come in a disc or do u upload it from the computer? How about the picture quality when u watch movies

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
U have the new eclipse unit is it true you can change the colors of the buttons does the navi come in a disc or do u upload it from the computer? How about the picture quality when u watch movies

I have an older model eclipse and like it a lot. Only downfall is the navigation is on a DVD that has to be loaded to run. New update DVD's are pricey and the couple rips I have tried did not work well at all. Wish the nav was on a hard drive that could be updated with a computer.
Don't know about the clarion.

rich017

Reaction score

The AVN726E features GPS navigation, with maps of North America (US, Canada, Puerto Rico) on a built-in 2 GB flash memory. Additional maps can be downloaded and stored on an optional SD memory card.

eclipse.
what about alpine iva-w205?

No navigation..

Anyone have input on the Avic F700BT? It's between that and the Eclipse

Last edited:

Black Magic

Reaction score
my boy has the eclipse in his z and it is nice. Im always messing with the buttons when i drive the car. works great.

Top Bottom