Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Overhead Temp/Compass

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
WANTED! I'll take it even if it's broken. I don't want to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, so I would prefer that it's broken. :laugh:

I remember HVM and another vendor (TTC I think) had a broken one, please please sell it to me!

If you have a working one and aren't going to extort me please make an offer, but just know I don't want to lowball you and I doubt I can pay you what it's worth.

Thanks.

Ryan

RJDoute

Reaction score
Ahahahahhah that is ****ing brilliant dude. Pay the walkaway insurance for another 15 bucks and call it a day lol.

Where is the temperature sensor located? I think I really might do that Steve. :p

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
give these guys a call or drop them an email...you can get genuine TOYOTA parts for cheap from these guys...

click for link -> All Toyota Truck SUV Parts

good luck bro...I can always call around here in vegas...I know of 3 tacoma totalled in the last 2 weeks...

ntinhri

Reaction score
all you do is swap the over head consol, yours and the rental. the sensor in behind the grill on the metal bar that connects to the latch.

install guide
rent a truck, park beside yours, swap over head consols, dont forget to plug in the temp gauge, unplug and remove the sensor behind the grill, install it in your truck... THen pour bleach on the rental tires, do a burn out (make sure you video it!!). return the truck and call it a day!

RJDoute

Reaction score
AHAHAHAHAHAHA I love Steve. I can't wait to meet you guys.

I'm on it! I'll do it this weekend. PM me your phone number in case I can't find the sensor and I need more detailed instructions.

ntinhri

Reaction score
for the record, I cant speak to this personally... Just sounds like a good idea.

DC29

Reaction score
they sell the temp/compass on ebay for 200 bucks, but i can tell you right now that enterprise (at least) doesnt carry tacomas but they do have tundras, if the temp/compass meter is the same on those trucks. and if you do find a tacoma they wont notice shit cause they dont even look inside the cars, let alone get paid enough to pay attention. if you know what i mean.

i think budget might have the tacoma though..

ive never laughed so hard when they told me a new "accessory meter" (thats what toyota calls it) was $971.66

RJDoute

Reaction score
Bleh I called Hertz and Enterprise and no dice. There's only one Enterprise in the area that has Toyota pick ups (airport location) and they only have Tundras. Even then, they won't garauntee me a Tundra, she said I'd have to pay 150 bucks up front for ONE day, I'd probably end up getting a F-150 and I'd also have to pay 200 security deposit.

Let me LOL all the way to the hang up button bitch. :p

Looks like the hunt is still on. Anyone got a broken temp gauge? :p

ntinhri

Reaction score
hahaha did you ask um yea does it have a over head consol? I want to steal it.

RJDoute

Reaction score
I told them there was a Toyota Owners club meet and greet and we needed a pick up truck to haul vendor parts, but I didn't want to roll up in a Dodge. Best excuse I could come up with, they bought it. :p

ntinhri

Reaction score
psh just tellem your looking for a tacoma, thats what you have and thats what you want.. yours is in the shop.

DC29

Reaction score
i work for the big green devil, we dont carry tacomas. im sure.

if we did there wouldnt be much left in any of them and id have a slew of spare parts.

i know for fact our region is straight up sold outta cars.

budget is your best bet.

we own alamo and national too, so there outta the picture.

i have a broken overhead console but what are you gonna replace it with?

mpower

Reaction score
i have one ill sell you for 100 bucks shipped. im located in socal

mike

951-217-4947

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom