Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pac nw x--fest!

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I put two hyphens in there for copyright reasons. (Haha Klint hope you don't mind :p)

Starting a new thread for this event. It seems we actually have enough interest to make this happen. Us Pacific Northwest folks get kind of screwed during X-Fest because they're always held too far away, and we can't blame anyone because there isn't enough of a dedicated following over here for them to make amends for 2 of us.

So let's show XRU that we can actually get something going! I've failed numerous times to get an event planned but I'm sticking this one through because I'll be unemployed in 8 weeks and have nothing better to do. :p

The dates I'm currently planning for is the weekend of the 5th of March. This is a change from February 26th-28th, I made this change so we can use the track out that way.. If we want to change these dates then lets figure it out NOW because there are military folks over here who need to get leave or a mileage pass put in, and the Canadian folks probably just want some good notice because it's a 8 hour drive.

Ideas planned so far :

I've contacted the Fairfield Inn & Suites near the Raceway
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pdxpf-fairfield-inn-and-suites-portland-north-harbour/

Spoke with a sales manager there and we can get a group rate for a pretty nice deal. 70 bucks a night at the Marriot isn't too bad! This is subject to change until I give them an official final number and dates, I want to stress that right now I'm just calling these places to ballpark figures.

Spoke with the Track manager at Portland Raceway
http://www.portlandraceway.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=135

He said he'd be willing to partition a lane off for us to use and give us special parking privileges. It's 10 bucks registration for first timers and 25 bucks to use the track all night long. There is a 103 decibel limit until 10:00 p.m. and 90 dbs after that until close (11:30). This shouldn't matter if your street legal but if you're running longtubes and a catback it might matter. No dynos unfortunately.

There is 105 octane fuel available right near the track too if you want some.

There are plenty of restaurants out that way and other things to do.. while we're at the track there's a line haul just a block away from the track that can take the wife/girlfriend/female friend downtown for free so they can have their fun too if they don't want to watch us burn tires.

We can hash out the finer details later once we actually have a solid list going. I'll book the rooms and we can figure who will stay with who if you want to double up to save some coin. Lets get at LEAST 10 trucks going. Vegas guys are just as far away as the Canada folks too so you guys are more than welcome!

Here's the address to the Fairfield Inn & Suites if you want to mapquest it.

1200 North Anchor Way
Portland, OR 97217

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

Ryan Doute
(313) 952-8758

Copy paste the list as you add your name and how many you're bringing!

1. RJDoute + 2

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
its a 14 hr drive for me :( haha..

I think this may be do-able for me, but I'll have to see come February how the finances are.

RedXr

Reaction score
Good job RJ. I dont want to make a promise I cant keep, mainly because my schedule is never clear with work and school. Let me find out. I would like to come.

RJDoute

Reaction score
EVERYONE in Oregon better come. =P

Just playing. Hope to see you there. I want to meet all of you guys!

Come on North Cal guys!

RedXr

Reaction score
I just hope that it being march, and portland, that its not raining......:motz:

RJDoute

Reaction score
Weather is why I changed the date. The track doesn't open back up until March 5th so it's the first weekend it'll be open. The track manager said there will be a lot of incredibly loud slammed Hondas there to embarrass. :laugh:

RedXr

Reaction score
:rofl: Sounds good RJ. Thanks for doing all that work for this.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
fantastic work on all the details... ill be purchasing a large cooler and lots of beer for afterwards. my girl does graphic design so if anyone wants t-shirts hats etc for this event let me know and ill price it out. also rj i think posting some other track rules would be a good idea too.

1. RJDoute + 2
2. SE_XRUNNER + 1.5 (depends on showtime with the baby and leave but otherwise im there already)

RJDoute

Reaction score
This is quoted from Portland International Raceway website in regards to their rules. :top:

None of our trucks run 10s, so the only thing we need is a helmet if you run 13s.

Drag Racing Frequently Asked Questions
  • Why can’t we race in the rain?
Answer: The track surface becomes slick and at high rates of speeds traction is compromised significantly.

• What are the most commonly looked at items when getting my car Tech inspected?
Answer: Battery hold downs, overflow for radiator and helmets when required. Helmets are required on any open top vehicle (see below for more on helmets). Such as a open top Jeep or a convertible.

• At what point is a helmet required relating to speed?
Answer: Helmets are required on vehicles reaching Elapsed times of 13.99 and faster in the ¼. And 8.69 in the 1/8.

• What can I do as a driver to improve my reaction time?
Answer: Stage your vehicle by braking the pre-stage then the stage beams. When the tree is activated three amber lights will light, one after the other. Drivers should leave on
favicon.ico
favicon.ico
wiki-favicon-sharpened.png
oneriot-favicon.ico
the last amber and not on the green. If you wait for the green light you have waited too long. A perfect light is .500.

• How do I read my time slip?
Answer: Your time slip shows the following.
• Reaction time – how quickly you reacted to the tree.
• 60’ and 330’ 1000’ – Just that 60 330 and 1000 feet out from the tree. Many drivers look most at those times to see if their car is on a good pass.
• 1/8 mile Elapsed Time and MPH
favicon.ico
favicon.ico
wiki-favicon-sharpened.png
oneriot-favicon.ico

• ¼ mile Elapsed Time and MPH

• What does the term ET racing mean?
Answer: ET racing refers to side by side handicap racing. The driver will make passes in the vehicle to find out where it most consistently runs and indicate the ET to the timing tower by writing it on the drivers side window. The racer will race in the class that matches the time break indicated. Then the driver will race its opponent in elimination rounds. The dial in marked on the window is entered into the computer to activate the tree with the handicap. Both drivers will cross the finish line side by side regardless of how fast the car can run.

• When I look at my time slip what is most important to look at?
Answer: The most important thing is that your vehicle has consistent Elapsed Times after each pass.

• What are the time breaks at which I need additional safety equiptment?
Answer: Fire jackets are required at
Roll cage is required at
NHRA licenses at
5 point safety harness

• What is the age requirement for racing?
Answer: Drivers must be 18 or older or have a signed consent form from a parent or guardian. A valid drivers license is required.

• Where can I get more information?

Answer: Drag race school handouts are available at the track on race days. The handout explains in more detail things mentioned above.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
13.99 and faster helmet required.... yup you beat me to it... im so frackin down for this man... even if we dont get a meet together successfully we should still go down there for a day and a night... theres a nice resort type spot somewhere around there we could take the ladies to...

X-Pablo

Reaction score
its a 14 hr drive for me :( haha..

I think this may be do-able for me, but I'll have to see come February how the finances are.

Crista, It will be longer than 14hours, Google maps doesn't factor in traffic, border wait times, or other variables such as mountain driving, look to add 4-5 hours to that figure.

It says 6 hours from Vancouver, B.C. but I drive to Portland, quite a bit and usually takes me 8 hours, with regular Seattle traffic.

More likely March 5 is going to be perfect time, I can make myself available.
The Wife & I will most likely attend.

Vince77

Reaction score
I'm down. Hope I can actually make it. I've been planning on taking a trip up there sometime anyhow. I have familly in Redding CA, and in OR. Possibly time for a road trip north. :rock:

I'll have to wait till we get a little closer and see what my situation is.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
1. RJDoute + 2
2. SE_XRUNNER + 1.5 (depends on showtime with the baby and leave but otherwise im there already)
3. X-pablo + 1?

dont forget to copy the list and add your count to make it easier to tally up in the end fellas/ladies if aplicable

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
Crista, It will be longer than 14hours, Google maps doesn't factor in traffic, border wait times, or other variables such as mountain driving, look to add 4-5 hours to that figure.

It says 6 hours from Vancouver, B.C. but I drive to Portland, quite a bit and usually takes me 8 hours, with regular Seattle traffic.

More likely March 5 is going to be perfect time, I can make myself available.
The Wife & I will most likely attend.

Ah crap. If I leave the day before I'm sure to make it! haha..

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
even if you guys dont end up coming out but you still want tshirts or hats let me know and ill have the girlfriend make up some designs and we can vote on it. That goes for everyone... just hit me up on pm or on yahoo @ harden_chris01@yahoo.com

RJDoute

Reaction score
I got your message man but I don't have yahoo messenger or anything like that.. you can email me tho it goes right to the old iPhone. :top:

Come on everyone add your name to the list if you're going!

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
1. RJDoute + 2
3. X-pablo + 1?
4. DustyXRunner +1 not staying overnight. im three hours away.

Juan89

Reaction score
1. RJDoute + 2
3. X-pablo + 1?
5.Juanito( Eugene,or) deff going!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrguy33391

Reaction score
1. RJDoute + 2
3. X-pablo + 1?
5.Juanito( Eugene,or) deff going!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. mrguy33391 +2

XR-Franciscoo

Reaction score
WOOO HOOO!!! Party!

1. RJDoute + 2
  3. X-pablo + 1?
  5. Juanito( Eugene,or) deff going!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. mrguy33391 +2
  7. xr-franciscoo +1 :beer:

Top Bottom