Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PAC SWI-JACK steering wheel cont. interface

project-c2

Reaction score
I have the Alpine IVA-W205 head unit and was wondering if anyone has used the PAC SWI-JACK to hook up the OEM steering wheel controls to it? Does this unit work pretty good? Worth getting? Thanks guys in advance.:top:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Iceman has thescontrol working with his alpine head unit, i am not sure which one he has but i know that best buy sells a universal one

74celt

Reaction score
I got one for my kenwood and it seems to work pretty good

nxrunner

Reaction score
I installed one on my Pioneer Premier and I love it!:top:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
It rocks with the Alpine! project-c2 I replied to your PM

rexrunner

Reaction score
I have it on my alpine w200 and its awesome. ONly like 5 wires too:rock:

G-forcexl

Reaction score
I have the Alpine IVA-W205 head unit and was wondering if anyone has used the PAC SWI-JACK to hook up the OEM steering wheel controls to it? Does this unit work pretty good? Worth getting? Thanks guys in advance.:top:

I also have the W205.

It's definitely worth getting the swi-jack. The only negative I can draw from it in comparison to the factory controls is that there is a bit of a lag on the commands, meaning sometimes you have to hold the button for up to 2 seconds for it to activate the command. The other thing is that I cannot power my head unit on and off with the steering wheel. I really liked this function with the factory unit.

Overall it's a great unit if you like the wheel controls like I do.

Fairly easy and straight foward install. Not as easy as the TR-7, but still pretty easy.

project-c2

Reaction score
I also have the W205.

It's definitely worth getting the swi-jack. The only negative I can draw from it in comparison to the factory controls is that there is a bit of a lag on the commands, meaning sometimes you have to hold the button for up to 2 seconds for it to activate the command. The other thing is that I cannot power my head unit on and off with the steering wheel. I really liked this function with the factory unit.

Overall it's a great unit if you like the wheel controls like I do.

Fairly easy and straight foward install. Not as easy as the TR-7, but still pretty easy.

That's what I hear. LAG TIME. I google searched reviews and everyone said the same thing. I guess I'll go order it then. Thanks for the help deciding.:wink:

Top Bottom