Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paging K2, Paging K2.... Curt towing install!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Alright K2, I will be installing one on a fellow members truck, as well as one on mine soon and I didn't like the read on the instructions and after following a few of your different posts, you mentioned a few times that you had some pointers... Well sir, I need some I haven't started yet but with the heat today and my few items on the list, I want to get this done as quickly as possible. :top: Anything I should look out for in general, helpful hints and tips are most appreciated. :top: Please and thank you! :biggrin:

ntinhri

Reaction score
It bolts up man. Not that hard. To put gas in ur truck

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest pointer is to disregard the instructions and just remove the entire bumper. It'll give you much more access to the frame points that you need to bolt up to and you only have to remove 2 more bolts (if memory serves) to get the whole rear bumper off. My hitch was just too damn tight of a fit to leave the bumper on. I fought with it for probably an hour before I said f*** it and removed the bumper. Once the bumper was off, I had it installed in 15 minutes.

It's a pretty easy install, even by yourself. Probably the hardest part (if you do it by yourself) is holding that 50 pound hitch up which under the truck and trying to get the bolts in. Again, this is MUCH easier if the bumper is off b/c you don't have to lay under the truck.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
LOL, I was impatient and didn't want to wait, so i went ahead and did it, I did manage to take the bumper down, was much easier than trying to fight 3 bolts.... one truck down, one more to go... thanks though and I did take a few pictures for the thread, soon as i finish this beer or 6 ill get to posting them up. :laugh:

Top Bottom