Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paint chip issue: Lets all call!

trd_sport

Reaction score
so are the paint chips mainly happening on the plastic pieces?
x-runners have no orange peel on the bottom part of the truck...that ould be the first thing id bring up to them when discussing why the x-runner paint chips vs. other tacomas.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i believe so. it looks like the paint chips are happening mostly in the plastic fender flares side skirts etc.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have this thread up for almost year now and all these peoples with the fender flare issue aren't posting up pics. It's gonna take a crap load of proof to even think about getting something resolved.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=4918

PS... please read the thread rules in post #1 of the above linked thread before posting :top:

HolyCow

Reaction score
Its on doors and the bed sides too. It is chipping from the front fender behind the tire, all the way back. On mine, its on every panel and molding on both sides.

The front edge of my driver's side rear door is starting to rust from this. I've only 26,000 miles on it.

Last edited:

LAYITONTHEDOORS

Reaction score
i bet they will do whatever it takes to not have trucks come back haha. they will do anything to make you feel stupid and drop the issue, pretty sad.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I have this thread up for almost year now and all these peoples with the fender flare issue aren't posting up pics. It's gonna take a crap load of proof to even think about getting something resolved.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=4918

PS... please read the thread rules in post #1 of the above linked thread before posting :top:
\

That's the thread I was looking for. :biggrin:

Just posted my pics on that thread. This must be resolved.

Last edited:

MERS/runner08

Reaction score
**** mind is 08 and bot rear side are chip just in front of the tire i will put som pic do i ame the only one

rich017

Reaction score
07 with 14K and my front skirts on the bumber look's like it has a white beard it's so chipped up

NixXR462

Reaction score
I remember my 1st gen prerunner had chipping on the rear flare. It was a stepside though. You'd think they'd figured it out second time around.

rich017

Reaction score
I dont get how the pre-runners come from the factory with the clear bra on the flares. and we dont

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
We have to post pics to give Steve the most ammo to after Toyota and make our point be heard.
We have to call to make our point become a factor.
When you call, get their name and ext. #.
Ask how this may be resolved.
State that in your opinion, it is a design flaw.
State that there has been a tsb on this matter and has not been resolved with our trucks.
State how dissatisfied you are and think something should be done to correct this. And you are not the only one with this problem.

This was my approach and I was referred to take it up with my local dealership and dealt with by an area rep. The more areas the better.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Is that pdf on the paint chipping tsb available on a thread? :dontknow:
I want to take a copy to the stealership when I take mine in.

wshsbears

Reaction score
i just called and filed my claim. i should hear some news tomorrow before close of business is what i've been informed...

i think we should schedule the next local meet at the toyota service drive. that'll fix this problem :top:

rich017

Reaction score
i just called and filed my claim. i should hear some news tomorrow before close of business is what i've been informed...

i think we should schedule the next local meet at the toyota service drive. that'll fix this problem :top:

well, since we go to the same dealer, if they fix yours they will have to fix mine

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
What about us with 05's... My fender flares are almost white :thumpdown:.. They look like the have been hit with buckshot

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dealer painted mine, no questions asked.

Its up to the dealer and how they pass it on to yota.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
What about us with 05's... My fender flares are almost white :thumpdown:.. They look like the have been hit with buckshot

Yeah, I've seen em...you're gonna have to try to sell them on the job. I am going in this week to try and sell them to do mine. I just can't get the pdf to print out. At least you can do is call and set it up for the area rep to look at it. Worth a try.

Top Bottom