Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paranormal Activity

X_Less

Reaction score
Going to see it friday with my younger sister in Union City :)

Bought the tickets already before they sell out.

Reaction score
Well I just got home from the movie and figured I'd let you guys know what I thought of the movie.

Ticket.
SNC00030.jpg

I'm not going to get into the plot , that can be found over at IMDB, but I will give my views on what I saw, please excuse this review, I'm in no way a professional and its 3:35 am. I went in with high expectations after reading reviews online and hearing good things about it. I think that's the mindset you need going into this film, do not expect a Michael Bay action packed movie here (not the best analogy but it's 3:37 a.m.). Go into this movie with an optimistic mind, I won't give any spoilers away but it builds up slow, but that's the great thing about it. I got some sort of an eerie feeling watching it, because it doesn't play like a typical Hollywood film, it plays like a home recorded movie, hell it doesn't even have any credits!(which I'm sure is too change once it makes it nationwide release). I've seen plenty of horror films but this one picks at something different, it gives you a real life setting, there isn't any fake CGI that goes too far it all is sutle giving the movie a more convincing effect. This movie will not interest everyone, for instance the guy next to be kept making snoring noises and saying the movie sucked. I believe he was expecting some over the top rob zombie mutilation of a film. This film is not that, it has a lot of jumpy scenes but amongst all that, in my opinion the scariest part is the fact that it's believable. On my way home after dropping my friend off I was constantly looking behind me at the rear seats, I got home I turned on every light to my room then backtracked and turned them all off. I get in my room and my satellite looses signal and goes crazy. I'm paranoid lol, I recommend this movie to everyone, give it a try at least.

On a lighter note The Fast and the Furious was playing their double feature in the parking lot as seen below

Stick on Air Vents FTL
SNC00022.jpg

Autozone hooked this dude up
SNC00024.jpg

He flew into tonight by way of Bush Intercontential airport
SNC00026.jpg

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Was it like a Blair Witch type of movie? Because if it is, I'm not going to waste my money.

And is it supposed to be true?...like real paranormal activity caught with your everyday camera or something?

Reaction score
Was it like a Blair Witch type of movie? Because if it is, I'm not going to waste my money.

And is it supposed to be true?...like real paranormal activity caught with your everyday camera or something?
They both use the "Found Film" style but you wont need valium for this one like Blair Witch. This movie is much more convincing and believable but the slow buildup of scenes will piss some off. It's what you make of it honestly, if ghosts, demons, unexplained things happening don't scare you I'm sure this one won't do that much for you, but it is still scary none the less, but in a different sense for some. And it's not actually based on one occurance it stemmed from the director being scared of weird noises and such things he would hear in his house and questioned the idea of filming it. Alot of us hear the strange noises, see the unexplainable things, so it makes it a little more unsettling thinking that these things could happen.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
They both use the "Found Film" style but you wont need valium for this one like Blair Witch. This movie is much more convincing and believable but the slow buildup of scenes will piss some off. It's what you make of it honestly, if ghosts, demons, unexplained things happening don't scare you I'm sure this one won't do that much for you, but it is still scary none the less, but in a different sense for some. And it's not actually based on one occurance it stemmed from the director being scared of weird noises and such things he would hear in his house and questioned the idea of filming it. Alot of us hear the strange noises, see the unexplainable things, so it makes it a little more unsettling thinking that these things could happen.
Ahh ok...Gotcha:top:

X_Less

Reaction score
Me and my sister were not really happy with the film... The ending had me startled, But thats it...

I guess it's different since alot of those things in the film have been happening to us throughout our lives... So we kinda had the "been there done that" feeling towards it.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
it was ok creepy yes good overall yes scariest movie in a while not really it made some hairs stand up and thats about it but it is renered around a true story names and places and video tapes were changed:canada:

RedXr

Reaction score
Well I just got home from the movie and figured I'd let you guys know what I thought of the movie.

Ticket.
SNC00030.jpg

I'm not going to get into the plot , that can be found over at IMDB, but I will give my views on what I saw, please excuse this review, I'm in no way a professional and its 3:35 am. I went in with high expectations after reading reviews online and hearing good things about it. I think that's the mindset you need going into this film, do not expect a Michael Bay action packed movie here (not the best analogy but it's 3:37 a.m.). Go into this movie with an optimistic mind, I won't give any spoilers away but it builds up slow, but that's the great thing about it. I got some sort of an eerie feeling watching it, because it doesn't play like a typical Hollywood film, it plays like a home recorded movie, hell it doesn't even have any credits!(which I'm sure is too change once it makes it nationwide release). I've seen plenty of horror films but this one picks at something different, it gives you a real life setting, there isn't any fake CGI that goes too far it all is sutle giving the movie a more convincing effect. This movie will not interest everyone, for instance the guy next to be kept making snoring noises and saying the movie sucked. I believe he was expecting some over the top rob zombie mutilation of a film. This film is not that, it has a lot of jumpy scenes but amongst all that, in my opinion the scariest part is the fact that it's believable. On my way home after dropping my friend off I was constantly looking behind me at the rear seats, I got home I turned on every light to my room then backtracked and turned them all off. I get in my room and my satellite looses signal and goes crazy. I'm paranoid lol, I recommend this movie to everyone, give it a try at least.

On a lighter note The Fast and the Furious was playing their double feature in the parking lot as seen below

Stick on Air Vents FTL
SNC00022.jpg

Autozone hooked this dude up
SNC00024.jpg

He flew into tonight by way of Bush Intercontential airport
SNC00026.jpg

ROFLMFAO at your honesty bro. I will have to see this movie when it comes out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Saw this tonight with my wife. It had it's moments. The suspense was well done.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I saw it last night. I am not into scary movies but everyone said it was scary. I checked it out, eh it gave me goosebumps from time to time.

It had some funny scenes

"go play with your friend"

nine9six

Reaction score
This was just in Gainesville, and I blew it... :frown:

There is another scary movie that is out...or will be out soon, that I want to see.

X-roller

Reaction score
It had it's creepy moments. It was over all a good movie...It made me sick though because I sat at the front row and all that camera movement..... :vollkommenauf:

Troskey

Reaction score
finally got to check this out last night.. and like everyone said.. it was a pretty good movie.. the suspense was very slow building.. and the last 20-25 mins were the best IMO..

sirspiroc

Reaction score
i don't know......i think the trailer was enough for me...:ahhhhh:

Top Bottom