Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Picked up a IS300 for daily drive...Hmm...

SooRunner

Reaction score
So I bought my bro's Is300. Here is some details on it...sorry no pic right now..

2004 silver, 5 SPEED, 60K miles, original owner, no accident, clean title, black interior with partial leather seats, lowered on TRD suspension with front and rear sway bars, axis widetrack rims, AEM intake, pioneer cd/navi. Lex just needs timing belt and a clutch job.

My X-Runner has been sitting in the garage due to too many miles 175K with URD MK3. So I was debating to purchase a turbo kit for the lex cuz i got bored... Any suggestions...

Then I thought about it some more...I might sell the lexus and drive my X more cuz I don't need any more bills. So my project on the x has came to a stop. Still waiting for XII to release that front suspension...

What do you guys think...sell the Lex and drive that X or keep both.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
you bastard. the is300 is on my bucket lst now that im in a position to get a play car lol. confrats on the pickup!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't need a truck anymore...
How about sell the X and get the turbo for the Lex?
Fun and quick little car (I had a 2001 is300 SportCross).
Hope your brother gave you a great deal!

SooRunner

Reaction score
Do you guys have any suggestions on IS300 turbo kit?

I was looking at Swiftracing.com turbo kit...But i read bad reviews on the is300 forums. SMH!

I need the X to haul my dirtbike and streetbikes..LOL! It just sits in the garage.

Keeping both will cost me money, especially now that I want to boost the Lex.

Damn boost is a drug, i think i need to see a doctor. :p

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rods and pistons in the X to freshen up the engine. Makes in new and keeps it strong. Then do plenty of stuff to the Lex afterwards.

Haven't ever looked into IS300 kits, or I would offer more information.

BondXII

Reaction score
Then I thought about it some more...I might sell the lexus and drive my X more cuz I don't need any more bills. So my project on the x has came to a stop. Still waiting for XII to release that front suspension...

My bad. We're trying to come to completion. :top:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
You can do a jap motor swap with twin turbo lol. I say cuz we have a Lexus at work and they did the jap swap with twins.

SooRunner

Reaction score
You can do a jap motor swap with twin turbo lol. I say cuz we have a Lexus at work and they did the jap swap with twins.

Yea I was thinking about this....purchase a motor from japan and sell my original motor....but i read that its a lot of custom work to make the jap supra motor fit. Smog will be an issue also...not sure how this goes for jap motors.

My bad. We're trying to come to completion. :top:

It must be worth the wait James BondXII! ;P

Last edited:

Toon714

Reaction score
Il say sell the is. Its gonna guve problems down the road and will be costly.
I just got rid of my gs300. Cause all kinds of problems starting poppong up. And it was a headache to deal with. So i threw in the towel and sold it.

Ans its alot of work to do the jdm 2jz. The wiring harness is totally differnt than the usdm. So it isnt drop the motor and ur done. Lot of wiring involve to get it done right.

I have a couple friends with gs with 2jz swap and it was costly for them to do that swap.
And the gs has a 2jz in it. Just the wiring was a pita.

picaCulo

Reaction score
Well if you do end up keeping the lex check out turbokits.com I'm not certain but they might have a kit for your car.

autobodyX

Reaction score
I would keep both. One needs a few toys.
9613255960_8c1d08bbe4.jpg

8075641711_cd1685c15a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom