Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pioneer Avic-D3 help

eXuser01

Reaction score
i just got my unit today and im pretty excited haha but im not to excited about putting a navi anntenna any where on my truck and was wondering where you guys put it i was thinking in the corner of the dash but i just dont even wanna see it and also what about the ebrake wire i dont wanna deal with that ****t either is there any way to bypass that or trick it to think i have the ebrake on...also what about the speed wire for the nav where do i hook that up ...thanks in advance for ur help

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I put my atenna in the corner of the passenger side dash inside the truck, hardly see it and helps hold up my dash mat. I talk to a couple people and they told me you could bypass it but within a few block it registers the truck as moving and shuts it off but thats what i have heard, i just know its more difficult that other brands

Troskey

Reaction score
www.avic411.com !!!

i think i've made up my mind and i'm going with the z2 in couple of months...i like the hard drive idea...i dont want to use my ipod all the time for all of my music and movies...

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
The bypass is easy you need to move one pin on the rca connector...its the pink mute wire. Go to avic411.com

The GPS antennae, stuck it under the dash in the far passenger corner(its maganetic)...never had a problem.

Super Werty

Reaction score
what does the pink mute wire have anything to do with watching vids while driving?

eXuser01

Reaction score
I put my atenna in the corner of the passenger side dash inside the truck, hardly see it and helps hold up my dash mat. I talk to a couple people and they told me you could bypass it but within a few block it registers the truck as moving and shuts it off but thats what i have heard, i just know its more difficult that other brands
ooo i see its not that big of a deal ill live thanks

Super Werty

Reaction score
Is yours hooked up to watch videos while driving

no, I need to do that still

however, I have the ipod touch...so If I want to watch a movie while driving I just use that and plug it into the avic:rock:

xrunna07

Reaction score
for best reception put it on the roof, thats what my boss at the shop makes us do and for the year ive worked there, we have never had any issues. but depending on the vechicle u can put it on the dash, try it inside and if dont work good then just run it up on the roof. thats alwaysthe safe spot

Top Bottom