Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT On Sale!!!!

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
anybody have any opinions/comparisons of these new F series vs. the D3? I love the way the D3 is set up but I know obviously the new HUs have newer and better functions but dont like the smaller screen :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
anybody have any opinions/comparisons of these new F series vs. the D3? I love the way the D3 is set up but I know obviously the new HUs have newer and better functions but dont like the smaller screen :dontknow:

I have the F700bt and i like it a lot. The main complaint about them is the long start-up time, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

Has good navigation, connects to my phone automatically, etc:top:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
I have the F700bt and i like it a lot. The main complaint about them is the long start-up time, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

Has good navigation, connects to my phone automatically, etc:top:

did the D3 have anything that you wish yours had? also, what's the diff between the F700 and F900? I'm sure I could look that up on crutchfield but I'd rather hear it from my xru bros...:biggrin:

JBoogie

Reaction score

Pioneer has really pissed me of with those little @$$ screens :eviltongue:. I was gonna go with the Avic-F90BT but the screen size threw me off. I then was gonna go with the DEH-P800prs and my 1/2 din Arc audio EQ. Then my buddy threw me for a real loop and had me look at the Sony XAV-W1! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! :top:

Shanes56

Reaction score
Pioneer has really pissed me of with those little @$$ screens :eviltongue:. I was gonna go with the Avic-F90BT but the screen size threw me off. I then was gonna go with the DEH-P800prs and my 1/2 din Arc audio EQ. Then my buddy threw me for a real loop and had me look at the Sony XAV-W1! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! :top:

NO GPS though

Spyder327

Reaction score
also, what's the diff between the F700 and F900? I'm sure I could look that up on crutchfield but I'd rather hear it from my xru bros...:biggrin:

F900 reads DVD's. That's the only difference i believe.

rich017

Reaction score
IMO the pioneers are over priced.

My Kenwood DNX5120 has NAV, nice ipod interface and some other stuff. Only cost me $700 with a 3yr warranty

Troskey

Reaction score
Spyder.. did you update to the new 2.0 firmware? my F90 was taking a while to boot up.. probably about 1 minute or so.. now it's down to 30 seconds or less.. depending on the last AV source.. touch screen is more responsive..

Spyder327

Reaction score
Spyder.. did you update to the new 2.0 firmware? my F90 was taking a while to boot up.. probably about 1 minute or so.. now it's down to 30 seconds or less.. depending on the last AV source.. touch screen is more responsive..

No, i didn't do that. Is there a download for it or something somewhere?

EDIT: nvm, just found it. Will have to go do this..

Gadget

Reaction score
Is there a hack out yet for it like the one for the D3 that lets you watch movies and input addresses on the go?

Gadget

Spyder327

Reaction score
Is there a hack out yet for it like the one for the D3 that lets you watch movies and input addresses on the go?

Gadget

Yep, i literally just now figured out and sorted through the software hack version of it all.:top:

While doing the install, the wiring method is probably the easier choice though.

I also discovered (info in the avic411 forums as well) that once you get to the windows based OS screen, you can change most everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom