Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pitbull Trailer Restraint system

jtnyc

Reaction score
Anyone using the Pitbull Trailer Restraint system for hauling their motorcycle?

I've been using it on my trailer and it works awesome! Curious to see if anyone has tried it on the truck bed. The only info I found is this:

(I can't post links yet due to new account)

Typically the bracket arm is supposed to go behind the rear axle, but this person probably moved it forward just so the bracket can be mounted to the main bed (otherwise the normal position would be on the gate).

If anyone has experience to share that would be great!

Thanks

CBRBob

Reaction score
You can do it 'backwards' if you want to. It works. Personally, I dont use anything except the bed and 4 straps to keep the bike in place. Do it right, it never moves.
You will have to drill the bed and fab up spacers because the bed is corrugated plastic, the bolts wont sit flat. I know people that have 2 of these in their Tacomas.

IMG_0173.jpg

jtnyc

Reaction score
Thanks Bob.

I wonder how easy/hard it is to load with this "backwards" setup though. Normally when the bracket is back, you can hang it with the bungee while you move the bike into position and drop it at the end into place. Not sure if it'd be easy to hang the bracket forward in this setup.

CBRBob

Reaction score
You do the exact same thing, it just hangs up against the body. Shouldn't be a problem on an XR, they are low enough.

Top Bottom