Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pittsburgh Area Header Install Help

TacomaGus

Reaction score
will be getting a set of JBA LT Headers soon and have never done an install on headers, was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a hand in the pittsburgh area for a case of beer or some cash? Any recommendations on a good shop is welcome too

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Install isn't bad, basic tools and take your time... The write up in the how to section is pretty good(for the thorleys but same thing)

Or if ya wanna wait til mid sept I am comming your way for a steelers/broncos game.... Lol I am sure you will get em in by then:top:

TacomaGus

Reaction score
Install isn't bad, basic tools and take your time... The write up in the how to section is pretty good(for the thorleys but same thing)

Or if ya wanna wait til mid sept I am comming your way for a steelers/broncos game.... Lol I am sure you will get em in by then:top:

ya i know its not that bad but i have a bad temper when it comes to installing stuff on my truck and i want to avoid the headache as much as possible. I always try to be gentle cuz i'm not familar with everything and don't want to break it, then i get mad and worry that i'm gonna pull too hard haha. Like today i was looking at the rear o2 sensor plugs to place my sim in and i was even hesitant to pull them out since they are really stuck in there, but i looked again and there is some clips i guess? learning as i go haha

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Best piece of advice I can offer to make the install as easy as possible, is to remove the two studs in the head, which are closest to the firewall. One on top, and one on bottom. They are barely tight, and a 6mm socket should easily have them out. Makes for a very easy install on the driver side.

30 in/lbs approximately re-tightens them.

Red_Hott

Reaction score
I'm going to school at Wyotech in blairsville so I'm not far at all let me know....I'm willing to help

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Best of luck to you man, I am freaking tired from this weekend.

Top Bottom