Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Played with a SRT-10...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So on my way back from autocross a quad cab SRT-10 comes flying up behind me on the highway.

"This could be fun" I thought to myself... He got stuck behind traffic so I was able to get behind him, traffic cleared and he took off, I followed. From 70-120 I stayed right with him, but my exit came up and had to pull off.

Needless to say, I was able to keep with him, he didn't pull on me at all.

God I love my XR!!! :rock: :driver:

:hahaha:$45,000 V-10 Viper engine truck who can't pull on a N/A 4.0 V6 (at highway speeds)

07SWB

Reaction score
thats always fun running with high end vehicles.. dont be suprised if you see a former SRT-10 owner joining the forum with his new 08 Xrunner haha

Tapp

Reaction score
nice imagine if you had a TRD blower!!!!

i recently raised against my buddies TRD 5.7 Tundra!!

i won!!!

i love playing with big trucks!!

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Funny cuz I saw one today and I was like... for that $ and engine that truck sure is slow as hell!:hahaha::laugh:

Knight Runner

Reaction score
I wanna see you smoke a lightning now and tape it so that Youtube can have an update video of what happens S/c lightning vs S/c Xr:hahaha:

nice imagine if you had a TRD blower!!!!

i recently raised against my buddies TRD 5.7 Tundra!!

i won!!!

i love playing with big trucks!!

Tapp

Reaction score
in my opinion all those expensive trucks is nothing but a status symbol..

oh well you live an learn!!:eviltongue:

Tweakbz

Reaction score
i think a well tuned X with the trd s/c, tcai, some headers, ypipe and a catback could beat a lightning :)

....or am i putting too much faith into our trucks :(

i_ski

Reaction score
If you can beat an SRT-10 I doubt you'd have many difficulty with a Lightning.

Tweakbz

Reaction score

okay call me ignorant but which one is supposed to be the big badass... the srt or the lightning :hmmmm2:

see i know a lot about fords. :laugh:

Tapp

Reaction score
okay call me ignorant but which one is supposed to be the big badass... the srt or the lightning :hmmmm2:

see i know a lot about fords. :laugh:

no not ignorant im a huge SVT fan.. i would say the Lightning take it !!!

XrunnIT

Reaction score

Lightnings run mid 13's stock. Standard cab SRT-10s run low 13's high 12's, Quad cabs run high 13's low 14's.

Now remember, I didn't beat him, and from a dig, he'd probably walk on me, but at highway speeds I was able to keep up with him just fine. With a blower I'd catch him, pass, then walk away. :rock:

Ill race you jason!
Ha, I doubt you and your S/C would be able to keep up with me and my N/A XR. :eviltongue: :biggrin:

We should set up something sometime, that way I can see how much of a S/C XR will walk me in person. :top:

XxRuNnAxX

Reaction score
Yea nice job man:top:

Yea but those lightnings are no joke... those things stock are some pretty bad mothers... with their pulley upgrades and what not... their pretty crazy:dontknow:

Lets just say one beat me at the track by 3 sec:laugh:... and I ran a 14 flat:rock:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Nice...this gives me hope. I know of a silver srt10 in my area that will be surprised:top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Gotta love it, i have never seen an SRT on the road down here, only on the dealer lots :thumpdown:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I've driven a lightning and I've been in a S/C xr and the lightning is much quicker than xr. Too bad they're all SOHC autos :rolleyez:

Nice sticking with that SRT-10 BTW :top:

Scratchy

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, no one here has run 13's on the quarter in an X.
The biggest problem the FI guys are having is traction - more power = less traction.
So until someone produces a timeslip with mid to low 13's, both the SRT & Lightning would beat any XR here.
Megabitez would have a chance, but he has not yet run the quarter, so we won't know for sure.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
One of my friends has a pullyed and chipped lighting with intake and full exhaust. When I'm turbo I'll get a video of us running. :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
thats what Im talking about.....way to hang in there.... Xs are the S***

Top Bottom