Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Please Help TRD Quickshifter and CatBack Part#

baghramdunks

Reaction score
Hello all I'm pretty much what you call a noob to modding and i just picked up my 2013 X.

I am being told by my dealership that i can't install anything other than TRD parts onto my truck cuz it will void my warranty if i dont do so.

Can anybody help me out as to what the correct part numbers are for the TRD quickshifter and TRD Cat Back exhaust? There are two different part numbers for the quickshifter and the cat back exhasut so i need help in finding which is the correct one so i can place my order.

Thank you so much in advance:adore:

X-FREAK

Reaction score
I believe there are 2 different part #'s for the shifter the xrunner 2wd one and the normal pre runner and 4wd one. The only difference is the xrunner one is about 1/2" shorter in height than the other

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
First off, I am a Canadian so I don't know the rules and regulations of Guam. However in the US and Canada, aftermarket parts will NOT void your warranty unless it can be directly correlated to the cause of the issue. I would look into it before buying a ton of TRD parts. The TRD short shifter is very good though.

As for the parts, the TRD cat back will need modification before it will fit properly with the X.

My advice is to order the TRD short shifter like x-freak mentioned and go to http://www.urdusa.com for the cat back and other performance needs.

http://urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Headers...Mk2-Exhaust-2005+-Tacoma-V6/product_info.html

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=668&Part_cat=20&parts_id=1251
p/n PTR04-35051

Imprezz

Reaction score
Contact Coupe to see if you can get a TRD modded shifter from him. The ones he makes are awesome!

dramad1

Reaction score
Although after market parts can not void your warranty unless they can prove those parts cause the failure, the stealership will do everything in there power to not honor your warranty if aftermarket parts are installed-trd parts or not. They will call out an investigator to look at your ride, they will say parts caused failure, you will fight them saying it didn't. They will call out another investigator and they will agree with the first one. Warranty void. In some cases, the dealership has been really cool and honored the warranty. My experience is they deny deny deny being at fault and expect you to pay for them to fix.
In order for them to honor your trd aftermarket parts. You will have to have them install everything and have regular maintenance records through them. Meaning all service is done by them and only them. Any parts have to be oem parts from them down to the last nut and bolt. Even then, they can still deny your claim.
Some people have cool a$s dealership and don't care what you do. The ones out here in San Diego don't give a f, and will fight you to the end about anything and everything.
If you go the trd parts route, I'd recommend having them install them and have all service done by them and keep all the receipts and records.
IMO if you mod your vehicle at all don't count on that warranty to hold up if something breaks.
Gl man

Grumpy

Reaction score
PTR04-35051 is the one you need. Enjoy and congrats on the new truck!:top:

baghramdunks

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the help i very much appreciate it.

So does that mean the TRD exhaust needs to be modified by my dealership in order for it to fit properly onto my X?

Otherwise i can just go and buy my exhuast from URD correct?

GR6RR

Reaction score
If chit happens. replace it all back to stock and them for file your warranty claim.

Top Bottom