Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Poll: Sport Hood?

Sport Hood or Non-Sport Hood?

• 1: Sport hood

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • 2. Non- Sport Hood

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
So I have the color matched sport grill on the truck with plans for BHLM and RGM with white eyelids.

The truck is going in for some paint work and I was contemplating buying a sport hood and having it painted while the truck is in

what do you guys think?

Sport hood? or keep the non- scooped hood and have the "limited" look with the color matched grille?

Justin

PiNkY

Reaction score
I say leave it stock. Besides the hood isn't functional anyways

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I say leave it stock. Besides the hood isn't functional anyways

it would be strickly for looks anyway

there are much better places to pull air from than there

plus I dont want a water induction system if I take it off highway

Justin

Tapp

Reaction score
id do with out!

keep the "limited" look!

use the money else where on the truck:rockon:

WallasX

Reaction score
go with the sport hood i personally think it looks better

X-roller

Reaction score
i would have to vote hood scoop. gives it the more agrresive look and for some reason they look even better on the white taco.... if looks is what you are going for as you stated in a previous post i would have to say that you just ansswered your own question and like i said the scoop on a white taco just looks better i don't know why. it grabs my attention a lot more. :top:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i personally think the hood only looks good on a 4runner...even the xrunner could do without the hood...it would look a lot cleaner without it

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
these trucks look kinda goofy without the scoop, I say put the sport hood on hood scoop on white is a big head turner :top:

blackx07

Reaction score
i voted sport hood just because i think they look bad @$$ with it but it looks good both ways with the color matched grill

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
im on the fence with you justin....

the sport hood is just that.... sporty. nonfuctional but nice looking.

on the other hand that money could be used for something else.

my opinion:

if you arent worried about money go for it... you could always sell the slort on CT or TW if you decide you dont like it.

shaX 07

Reaction score
I voted Sport hood, I like the look of the hood scoop :top:

SSSXR

Reaction score
no the scoop has no function...

BUT when I'm behind the wheel, and rev the engine, my eyes always seem to drift down to that scoop. I feel like my truck is flaring its nostrils or somin... and i get a little smirk on my face.

its a good feeling.

you NEED the sport hood.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
its not super expensive, the hood runs about 275 bucks for me ( then paint on top of that), but I am still on the fence because the way it is now is different than most

Justin

MusTrd

Reaction score
You no longer have the limited production XR, so I don't see the point in going for the "limited" look. I voted sport hood.

06XR-SW

Reaction score
i know when i had the chance to get the hood, i did!! and im so happy i did i love how it looks with and u still will be "limited" because you still have the black door handles and mirrors like me (which looks awesome). i would say GO4IT homie!!!

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Scoop with different color insert (match door handles & mirrors maybe)... otherwise, leave as-is.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Get the sport hood...personally the truck, pre/x/trd_sports all look plain jane with just a regular hood....Functionality is in the eye of the beholder....No it doesn't induct air, but it brings conversation and eyebrows to the the truck. That is functionality in itself. I tried removing my black spoilers(evo mod) and thought the truck looked plain without it so I opted to go back with it. In your case you can buy the hood paint it, and if you get tired of it you can sell the hood... You can't really lose in this situation. :top:

Top Bottom