Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Poweraid throttle body spacer installed!!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup as the title says I recently acquired and installed a poweraid TBS. Before everyone chirps in on how useless they are, let me say that I got this one off ebay for $30 shipped, so I figured why not.

Here are a few pics from when I put it in:

The kit:
P4260069.jpg

The spacer:
P4260070.jpg

P4260071.jpg

Before:
P4260072.jpg

After:
P4260073.jpg

P4260076.jpg

As anyone who has one or looked into it, so far I have used 1/4 of a tank and not really noticed any improvement in mpg, nor is there any seat of the pants hp improvement.

It does whistle though and sounds interesting.... I will post more as I drive it and see!!!:canada:

rich017

Reaction score
Kewl.

Your not going to get anything other than a whistle out of it tho

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah I am not expecting anything out of it just thought I would giver a go

trd_sport

Reaction score
I was thinking a plastic bottle was going to be pictured haha.......NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbray

Reaction score
LMAO!!!!

Next on ebay:

Exhaust spacer that makes a BOV sound

Slay0r

Reaction score
are there any advantages at all to adding a throttle body spacer for N/A or F/I 1GRs?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yea, if it was just 30.....so be it. Yea, lots of discussion about these. Don't really do much. But it does look cool in a way....

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
are there any advantages at all to adding a throttle body spacer for N/A or F/I 1GRs?

Not for our trucks. The design of the intake manifold makes the spiraling effect nullified.

Here is something cool though. Grumpy had been testing the NST manifold spacer recently. Then after he had taken it off, he noticed that on top of the power loss, he had also lost about 3 MPG.

HP and MPG, now that is something worth paying for.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Not for our trucks. The design of the intake manifold makes the spiraling effect nullified.

Here is something cool though. Grumpy had been testing the NST manifold spacer recently. Then after he had taken it off, he noticed that on top of the power loss, he had also lost about 3 MPG.

HP and MPG, now that is something worth paying for.

I am waiting for this to be released by Mike, this is what I am really after, but for the price of half a tank of gas meh WTF lol

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
I got the same one. Its just to keep me from crying until I get the TRD S/C. Got the APR X-1 on its way woo-hoo.

SpcWashington

Reaction score
Well it might not be doin a whole lot, but it looks good anyhow, besides the poweraide sticker. I think id take that off. It would match my pullies and paint :) Ill give u ten bucks for it when ur tired of it, lol.

Top Bottom