Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Preferred polish/wax for your X?

Edgeman

Reaction score
Since the forecast is for temps in the 90s for the next 5 days, what is your preferred wax/polish/paint sealant combination for the summer? Should I just go easy with Turtle Wax Ice, stick to my Meguires NXT, or try something exotic?

Suggestions?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
To get ready for the spring summer I use:

Meguiars Clay Bar

Sonus Paint Cleaners/Polish

Then Klasse Glaze

Sonus Acrylic Glanz (like a easy to use spray glaze for in between washes, love this stuff!)

Then 3M Performance finish (I like it a lot better then Meg. NXT and its not too expensive).

R

racerx

the stuff that makes it chiney its in the bottle with the rag you know what im talking about

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
also check out Busch polish from TTC :top: i hear its a really great product although never tried it myself

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Everyone has their preference on what polish and wax is best. It's hard to really tell someone whats best because there so many factors from application, removal, endurance, shine, protection and it goes on and on. I suggest to try a couple and which ever one you like best stick to it.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Everyone has their preference on what polish and wax is best. It's hard to really tell someone whats best because there so many factors from application, removal, endurance, shine, protection and it goes on and on. I suggest to try a couple and which ever one you like best stick to it.

^^ Well said.

I've been using Mother's for over a decade with great result. Whether its car wash soap, clay, polish, cleaner wax, pure carnauba wax, detail spray and so forth. It works great for very reasonable price.

I've got a chance to use a full line of Zaino product recently with good result. I hear that longevity is very good also. A bit more expensive but worth the extra coins.

Also got a chance to use Zymol system recently with this wax to top it off http://www.zymol.com/zymolglasurglaze8oz.aspx
Very good result, waiting to see how it will hold up over the next few months.

Take it for what its worth. Like Steven said, try out a few product and go with what work best for you.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I use P21s as my wax. Meguiars NXT is very good also. If you wanna give the P21s a try just let me know.

rich017

Reaction score
I like nxt 2.0 and another good one is astrosheild.

I always want to order stuff like pinnacle and Zymol but I keep getting wax as gifts every time Christmas or my b-day rolls around.

A porter cable polisher is also a great tool.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
A porter cable polisher is also a great tool.

:dito: the difference a machine will make.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=20041

Picture022.jpg

eltus

Reaction score
I like meguiars products. but for the wash I use the kit carnauba wash. I get back in june and my truck most likely is going to be filthy so I'm thinking about trying something different this year.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
i as well am a big Meguiars fan for int. and ext. there is a polish that i like to use to, it is called Liquid Glass. its about 20 buck for a can and hard to find. i use to get it at Autozone but they are starting to not carry it at all stores. ill use the polish (Liquid Glass) then use a wax with in the next day or weekend.

is it true that a polish does not protect like a wax?? that is why i do the second coat.??????

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
i as well am a big Meguiars fan for int. and ext. there is a polish that i like to use to, it is called Liquid Glass. its about 20 buck for a can and hard to find. i use to get it at Autozone but they are starting to not carry it at all stores. ill use the polish (Liquid Glass) then use a wax with in the next day or weekend.

is it true that a polish does not protect like a wax?? that is why i do the second coat.??????

This is true brother :top:. Think of a polish as a cleaner for your paint, a real polish with a machine will get rid of marring, swirls and scratches in your paint. The wax is then applied for looks and protection because the polish has taken the old layers off.

moregrip

Reaction score
Currently using "Butter Wax" from Adams, best/easiest stuff I've ever used

Edgeman

Reaction score
Quite pleased with the Zaino wax. I only applied 1 coat (two weeks ago), but it looks great! I'll try to hit it with another coat next weekend, weather permitting.

Top Bottom