Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

problem taking off

rx-runner

Reaction score
hey guys, i am having a problem, my X hesitate when i take off, it seems like in lower rpms it takes a while to get up to speed, but in higher rpm it doesnt hesitate. anyone else have this problem?

rich017

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing right now. Does it at the lower rpms then slows back doen around 3500- 4K.

Will floor it in 1st and it feels like it does not want to rev and takes forever to hit the limiter and isnt strong when it does

STONER-X

Reaction score
sounds like y'all need a source of forced induction :):)

Dallas

Reaction score
i suggest you start with a new fuel filter

stockredx

Reaction score
I ran a can of BG 44K total system cleaner in a tankfull.
She runs a hell of alot better now. Idles waaay smoother, accelerates quicker, and gets better mileage too.:top:
The stuff cleanes out everything, any and all deposits on the injectors, valves, piston, combustion chamber, everywhere. Any gunk in the fuel system that is petroleum residue, carbon or otherwise gets dissolved on a molecular level so no chunks of crap get let loose to mess up something else downstream.
Sensor safe too!
Any Toyota dealer can also do a BG flush kit, which is like 44K on steroids.

rich017

Reaction score
or tune up. :argh:

Also just noticed yesterday that when i washed my truck, I had a lot of black exhaust residue on my side skirt where the exhaust runs through.

Never had any on there before but now I did... Running a lil rich?

XR-Ace

Reaction score
i'm guessing your in the 20k+ mark its happenning to me too now. :thumpdown: i'm due for an oil change in a few days now ill see if it gets better after and post here.

rich017

Reaction score
Just hit 30K today and had the washer fluid motor replaced today under warranty. Didnt even want to bother with telling them something is wrong with my truck.

rx-runner

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing right now. Does it at the lower rpms then slows back doen around 3500- 4K.

Will floor it in 1st and it feels like it does not want to rev and takes forever to hit the limiter and isnt strong when it does

this is whats happening to me too, for example when i want to take off it feels like forever to reach 3500 rpm, but when it does it takes off, this will happen in any gear. at first i was thinking it was the clutch but if it was then i would feel it throughout all the rpm range. so i believe it may need a cleaning. also i have close to 45k

is it bogging out?
need more info

its not bogging out at all

Last edited:
Top Bottom