Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with S/C Flash

Alexrunner

Reaction score
yea I spoke with David. I am going to talk to the manager tomorrow. What should I ask for? Any ideas?

I know I deserve something besides a 700 dollar bill.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
not yet...:motz:

They are still waiting for the computer to come in.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I saw one on ebay, and was about to be like why dont you guys bid on this.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
yea I spoke with David. I am going to talk to the manager tomorrow. What should I ask for? Any ideas?

I know I deserve something besides a 700 dollar bill.

Alex, I checked here at my dealership and ran the part#...it is superceded...So Fairfax, us, and every other dealer in the country is on back order. The date the guy gave you up there in Fairfax, Dec. 20th to receive the part, is correct. If we order one today, ours wouldnt come in until next week either.:thumpdown: ...its sux!

Sorry Bro

Alexrunner

Reaction score
thanks for checking that out man, really appreciate all youve done for me. So i dont understand why i have to wait til the 20th tho. Is it available, or are they making one?:dontknow:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
thanks for checking that out man, really appreciate all youve done for me. So i dont understand why i have to wait til the 20th tho. Is it available, or are they making one?:dontknow:

My parts manager checked our region (5 states); and he told me that not one dealer has one in stock:dontknow: ...Thats why it has to be shipped from Japan

Alexrunner

Reaction score
so...if its being shipped from Japan, then why do I have to wait two weeks?

ntinhri

Reaction score
My parts manager checked our region (5 states); and he told me that not one dealer has one in stock:dontknow: ...Thats why it has to be shipped from Japan

pretty f ing cool your trying to help him out! thanks Dave! I hope like hell your getting a discount (half price) on this install. Alex they own you something major! THey messed up your computer. I bet money they didnt do the no start reflash before they tried the s/c reflash OR they didnt keep the volts at the correct level during the reflash. Either way I would expect something major. ALex I can give you a contact at TRD that might shake up things at the dealership for you if you want it..... Call me if you want the number. :top:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
No way. that suck dude. tell them to yank a damn computer out of another xr cuz this is ridiculous
You could do that but then you have to deal with the immobiliser system, which the keys are programmed to that computer and truck, but it still can be done.

thats the problem. the VIN# has to match otherwise, u get a CEL
The scan tool has the capability to re write the vin# the a computer (ecm)

Last edited by a moderator:

utixrunner

Reaction score
You could do that but then you have to deal with the immobiliser system, which the keys are programmed to that computer and truck, but it still can be done.

Do they not have to go through the same steps with a new computer or not:dontknow: Im not really familar with any of this and am kinda curious

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Do they not have to go through the same steps with a new computer or not:dontknow: Im not really familar with any of this and am kinda curious
When you install a new ECM (computer) then that ECM is in auto registration mode for the immobiliser system, so you just insert the keys and start the vehicle they are then programmed to that vehicle, as far a the vin# you have to re write the vin# into the ECM after replacement (with a scan tool) or you will have a CEL.

Alex, I checked here at my dealership and ran the part#...it is superceded...So Fairfax, us, and every other dealer in the country is on back order. The date the guy gave you up there in Fairfax, Dec. 20th to receive the part, is correct. If we order one today, ours wouldnt come in until next week either.:thumpdown: ...its sux!

Sorry Bro
David knows also the Toyota has hardly any issues with ECMs so that is why they are readily available, I do know we have issues with Corolla ECMs though setting CEL but still run fine.Thoses are in stock,not much help for you on the XR

utixrunner

Reaction score
When you install a new ECM (computer) then that ECM is in auto registration mode for the immobiliser system, so you just insert the keys and start the vehicle they are then programmed to that vehicle, as far a the vin# you have to re write the vin# into the ECM after replacement (with a scan tool) or you will have a CEL.

ahh gotcha, thanks:top:

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I should print this thread out and show it to them

I just got a call from the dealer lett me know that I wont get my computer until Jan 2...they think. It could be longer. I am so pissed right now!!!!:argh:

Coopstain

Reaction score
Uti, what dealership in Orlando did you go to for this. PLEASE dont tell me Central FL Toyota

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Holy Chit man. That totally blows!!! I would be so pissed too if I were you.

wshsbears

Reaction score
Uti, what dealership in Orlando did you go to for this. PLEASE dont tell me Central FL Toyota

he went to toyo of orlando... he's having issues too. threw a check engine light saying too rich in bank 2. also, i drove his truck yesterday with everything else stock.. it feels slower than mine. something is wrong with that install.. (all i have is CAI and TBS so it should be a lot faster)

Top Bottom