Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pulled a bike!

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
On my normal route home this morning, I was stuck behind a p.t. Loser when this dude on a bike passed me. It was black and yellow and had a headlight/fairing shaped like that of a newer GSXR, only it had a less aggressive riding position (higher bars. lower seat etc etc). Not sure what it was, do they make GSXR 500's? or something similar?

Anyhow, I catch up to em later, he's cruisin @ about 50 so I pass, he does nothing and I lose sight of em. A few miles later, the road is empty and here he comes in my rear view. FAST. So I drop to 4th just in case he wants to play, all the while assuming I've no chance and it'd be all for fun. When he got to about 1-2 car lenghts behind me, he moves over and gets on it. I bang 3rd, he's barely closin in, reach about 4500 rpm and he's no longer gaining, by redline I was pullin away, hit 4th and he's right there and I'm slowly inchin away. by the middle of 5th I had pulled a car away and we ended up at a stop sign. He followed for about 5 miles and then turned off.

I'm not a dummy, from a dig he woulda left me, but it wasn't a crazy fast bike and a bikes greatest advantage is acceleration, not sheer power, which wins races from a pull. Real race or not, it was fun and put a smile on my face. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can get a read on the make/model.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Fun times!

Probably a 2004 Suzuki GS500F:

04suz2.jpg

CBRBob

Reaction score
Unless you are running under 13 in the quarter, you came upon someone who cant ride.

Limitless

Reaction score
Ah i remember my GS 500. The only way i was keeping up to the liter bikes was to stay near my redline the entire time (which is probably why i blew it up) and only topped out at 115 (30HP of raw muscle). I used to race my buddies camaro ss with it and i would have him in the first two gears due to the lightweight launch, but after that the top end of the car would overtake me, and if there was any turning or twisties involved those 500s and even 250s will own.

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Did a google search and I'm 99.98 percent sure it was a yamaha FZ6r. Some kinda entry level semi sport bike. I recognize the graphics/paint and those goofy bars and mirrors stuck out like a sore thumb. So not the killing of a century but still cool to know I got away from a bike at all.

2009yamahafz6rBJN46121.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score
you can mainly tell a lot about a street bike just by the rear tire.... if it's a little skinny one it's a low cc bike but when they have that wider one on the rear it's probably a 600cc or above...

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
:dito:

you can't be serious.

As a heart attack bud. It's not like I'm sittin here tellin you I pulled 6 trucks on a Hayabusa from a dig. I got away from (and just barely) some squid on a entry level bike. I know there's many guys on here that coulda done the same.

Baggins44

Reaction score
You guys forget that Ricky bobby was behind the wheel :top:

Top Bottom