Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Push it to the Limit AutoX + Scion FR-S day

Ms.hottacoX

Reaction score
Last weekend was our first autoX event of the year. HottacoX and Xcars_onfire ran in the event while xrgilly and SSSXR came out to show their XRU support and see what it was all about.

All in all results were good, it was super hot with no shade:thumbdown: but a good day overall.

This is only our third autox event and while a driver mod is still being worked on its a ton of fun

here are some pics of Xcars_onfire on the track
DSCN6437.jpg

DSCN6438.jpg

DSCN6440.jpg

HottacoX in action:
DSCN6427.jpg

DSCN6428.jpg

DSCN6429.jpg

DSCN6430.jpg

GoPro from Hottaco's run
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbH78xsWXD4[/ame]

Cab view of another run, I get tossed around pretty good lol
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rUuZo0-3TI[/ame]

Also it was Scion Day so they had a few FR-S' to test drive around the track

DSCN6446.jpg

DSCN6455.jpg

DSCN6452.jpg

DSCN6449.jpg

DSCN6450.jpg

DSCN6448.jpg

DSCN6456.jpg

DSCN6460.jpg

DSCN6462.jpg

DSCN6463.jpg

video of the run:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA2LTuWD3xg[/ame]

overall it was a fun day and can't wait for the next event, hope to see more XR's running next time :canada:

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
it was a great day, times went from about 46.5 second runs, down to 44 sec so i am happy:top: sadly there will never be a chance to win my class since i am in C-MOD which is basically unlimited, running against supercharged miata's and mr2's. Basically the top 5 in my class are not daily cars and get trailered to the event

the FR-S was pretty sweet though, first time in the car and stock(with traction control on, weren't allowed to turn it off for the lap) the car ran really well dont remember my time but other peoples runs were high 43's low 44's. I am not about to ditch the X for it but in the coming years looking forward to the aftermarket support for it...

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
nice vids!

the gopro is awesome! and that fr-s is one sexy looking car!

BondXII

Reaction score
Looks like you all had a great time! One of our guys yesterday showed up in their new Subaru BRZ. same difference. Very flat driving car didn't get a chance to ride with him though as we were in different heats and I was working the course while he was making his runs. He loves it so far (barely 500 miles on it). Still plenty of events this season for me to get in for a spin. Might even talk him into us running doubles one event.

Subaru has already decided to not sell these things any higher than sticker instead of the usual low production mark up. Is this true for the Scions or did they not mention it at this event?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
For sure it was a great time, going to take me forever to get rid of my farmers tan from standing around in the lot though.

The FR-S people were just promtions people so if you asked about price the would just refer you to a dealer

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How did you like the handling of the FR-S?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright. I just watched the first video, and wow! Two things: 1- excellent camera placement on the truck. :top: 2- that course looked like some one could get confused pretty easily. Might be just me though.

Regardless, bad a$$, and yet again, I am envious. :adore:

Second video totally had me laughing watching Ms. HottacoX bouncin around the passneger seat. :laugh:

I like the second angle a lot too, since it gives you a feel of the course from the driver's perspective.

Xcars_onfireR

Reaction score
Yeah I got lost around the track the first few times. The event was a lot of fun I recommended trying it if you get the chance. The FRS is a fun car to drive but a little on the small side for my long legs

Ms.hottacoX

Reaction score
Alright. I just watched the first video, and wow! Two things: 1- excellent camera placement on the truck. :top: 2- that course looked like some one could get confused pretty easily. Might be just me though.

Regardless, bad a$$, and yet again, I am envious. :adore:

Second video totally had me laughing watching Ms. HottacoX bouncin around the passneger seat. :laugh:

I like the second angle a lot too, since it gives you a feel of the course from the driver's perspective.

I love the GoPro! And yes the second video where I'm flying around is hilarious! We had a lot of fun that day, I can't wait to do it again! :)

You're right in saying that people could be confused. Throughout the day a few drivers had their runs disqualified for going off course.

BondXII

Reaction score
It's just not a true autocross event without the occasional DNF ("did not finish" when off course). LOL It happens to everybody. Overwhelming in the moment at times as you proceed through the Sea of Cones.

Xcars_onfireR

Reaction score
yeah you think you know the course but once you get going the cones can definitely be overwhelming

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I dono if I could handle auto cross with cones laying everywhere lol.

Hey corey how much power do the windshield add :smile:

Love the gopro vids:top:

Is is just me or do the front of those cars look alot like Nissan Z's

easts1d3

Reaction score
i wish i was able to come out to that event, next year!

itsdesignateddave

Reaction score
For the one who asked about the Scion prices - they are required by Scion to sell them for sticker, no more, no less. Every new scion sold has the sales invoice checked by no fewer than 3 employees of Scion. They decided when they came out with that make several years ago they wanted anyone, anywhere to get the exact same car for the same price no matter where they went. There are severe penalties if you are caught selling one for a different price.

BondXII

Reaction score
itsdesignateddave said:
For the one who asked about the Scion prices - they are required by Scion to sell them for sticker, no more, no less. Every new scion sold has the sales invoice checked by no fewer than 3 employees of Scion. They decided when they came out with that make several years ago they wanted anyone, anywhere to get the exact same car for the same price no matter where they went. There are severe penalties if you are caught selling one for a different price.

What a concept. LOL. That's what kept me from jumping on the SRT wagon since they added a ridiculous fee for limited production. People still paid it though.

PyRo_XR

Reaction score
Hey hottacox i just watched the first vid and at the end u parked beside my teg and that's me in the passenger seat lol.R u coming out to some events this year?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha that's funny! I am definately going to make a few events but with my motor being re built I won't be running it until later in the season, most likely some of the Sunday events

Top Bottom