Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Q about DTLT's

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
Ok since i live in Nevada, we have to go through the same kind of emissions bs that people in CA have to deal with. I know that with the DTLT's, the truck wont pass smog because it deletes the front cats. Im not worried about it being a PITA to take them on and off again but would it be possible to put the stockers back on when it is time to get tested again? or is there a bunch of welding that needs to be done?

Gadget

Reaction score
What kind of test do they do?

If it is just a plug in test, with the sim it will pass.

If it is a sniffer test, if you have the stock Y or put it back in, it will likely pass a sniffer test.

G

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I was unaware that Nevada did emissions testing.

its not completely out of the question to remove them and replace stockers for smog testing but it will be a giant pain in the d*** and no welding is required for the DTLT's

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
What kind of test do they do?

If it is just a plug in test, with the sim it will pass.

If it is a sniffer test, if you have the stock Y or put it back in, it will likely pass a sniffer test.

G
they for sure do the plug-in and if i remember the clamp something on the end of the exhaust and look under the hood

I hate emissions testing!!!!

I was unaware that Nevada did emissions testing.

its not completely out of the question to remove them and replace stockers for smog testing but it will be a giant pain in the d*** and no welding is required for the DTLT's
what about the bung? <--- might be a stupid question but i obviosly dont know a whole ton about headers or i wouldnt ask lol

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
If they pop the hood they will not pass a visual test either. Also taking them on and off for smog should only have to be done every other year. If you do it I would get some new gaskets.

Murderface

Reaction score
G did u say that we "could" pass sniffer test with the stock Y in place along with long tubes?

Also NJ just changed the inspection testing here and now sniff ALL year cars/trucks. With long tubes and stock Y I was thinking i could just run E85 for when I go thru inspection.....any thoughts on if I would still fail?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
the dtlts are a direct bolt on mod, no welding required, so the cats will stay attached to your stock headers and thus if you don't pass with the dtlts installed you can unbolt em and bolt your stockers back in, get the test done and then reinstall your dtl's, long story short no welding required just a PITA:top:
I am due for emissions testing here in Ontario so hopefully you pass the sniffer test with em on...
GL and keep us posted how it goes

Top Bottom