Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QA1 Install

Reaction score
I am thinking about picking some QA1's up in the future. Probably towards the end of the summer. I looked around for a while and couldn't find anything about installing them. I like to see what the process involves before I decide. From what I can tell its pretty much bolt on. Does anyone have the installation instructions?

Murderface

Reaction score
There's no instructions. It's just one nut on top but u have to hold the top still while unthreading the nut(there's a flat spot for ur wrench to hold it). The bottom is a bolt, unthread the nut and pull the bolt out. Do the top first and move it outta the way and then do the bottom.

Really really simple install

In this pic u can see the flat spot at the end of the threads where u would put a crescent wrench to hold it still while taking the nut off, it's a real bitch to hold it while taking the nut off as u can tell. That nut didn't get any easier to take off as it came up off the threads(that's why it's all beat up)
67c498c7.jpg

0c956ead.jpg

Here's a QA1, it has a hex nut built into the rod where u can hold it from spinning as u install the top nut
c8cfb30b.jpg

Last edited:

Emanon

Reaction score
I ended up having to cut the shaft on one of my Bilsteins since the top section got mangled to hell and left nothing to grip. QA1 design is so much easier to install and remove.

5000XD

Reaction score
Do you need to jack the rear or something?

I want to install my 1.5 blocks this weekend and put in the QA1s (after having them sit for almost 2 years in the box, hope they still work).

Slay0r

Reaction score
I ended up having to cut the shaft on one of my Bilsteins since the top section got mangled to hell and left nothing to grip. QA1 design is so much easier to install and remove.

exact same thing happend to me. and now im trying to stock out and this is posing a problem

Reaction score
Do you need to jack the rear or something?

I want to install my 1.5 blocks this weekend and put in the QA1s (after having them sit for almost 2 years in the box, hope they still work).

I was wondering that too. Seems like maybe the best way would be to put the rear end on stands and pull the tires off.

BearCat11

Reaction score
My QA1's should be here any day for install. I have not done this yet so i could be wrong, but I would think taking the bottom bolt out first would be easier. I was planning on jacking up the truck and putting jack stands under the front mount of the leaf springs. then jack up the pumpkin a little bit to take some of the hanging wieght off the axle. Then removing the lower bolt so there is nothing pulling down on the shock when i try to remove the top nut. This is how I did my 2" blocks, is this not how you guys would do the shocks?:dontknow:

dramad1

Reaction score
I just put mine in two weeks ago with Sdxrunner. We Put the rear on jack stands and used a Lil pb blaster. We also used a good pair of visegrips to hold the nut from spinning. We then pressed in the Lil bushings. I think that's what they are called??? Put them in and set to 5. Had a Lil issue with pass side adjuster knob but we got it figured out. And the just hand torqued to snug and put the other nut on top so it can't back out. Re torqued after a day of driving and checked again few days later. 100% smother ride IMO I still bottom out on some speed bumps and uneven roads but the bump stops help alot.

Top Bottom