Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QA1 Question......please help

bspsurf

Reaction score
QA1 Question please help

I am in the process of putting on my new QA1 shocks. It appears the blue plastic guard from the factory shock won't fit on the new QA1, the new shock has a slightly larger diameter. What are you guys using for a plastic guard, if any, or did the factory blue guard fit?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not reused with the qa1's :top:

X-Radical

Reaction score
do yourself a favor and figure out a method of fitting a shock boot of some sort, whether that be modding the stock one or picking up some universals. i had to remove a set of QA1's that i had on after 6 months- they were destroyed due to rock chips on the shock shaft- tore the seal and they puked their oil out. protect that shaft from damage and these shocks are awesome, dont protect it and run the risk of having shiny aluminum worthless parts

bspsurf

Reaction score
Any idea where you can get universals? Does anyone have any pics?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt reuse that blue thing or make any guard.

Limitless

Reaction score
yeah i wouldnt reuse it either, plus i think it will cover up the adjutable knob on the QA1 which is half the point of getting it. The boot is just to keep dirt from getting directly on the shaft that goes into the shock but isnt really needed. Alot of us have had the QA1's on for a while and dirt has never been an issue.

Top Bottom