Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qa1s installed

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Just installed a set of qa1s, and all I can say is what a difference, no more bottoming out. Can't believe I went almost 3 yrs lowered with out them, a must have for any1 who is dropped:top:

Miami_X

Reaction score
Just installed a set of qa1s, and all I can say is what a difference, no more bottoming out. Can't believe I went almost 3 yrs lowered with out them, a must have for any1 who is dropped:top:

THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^

IronMan

Reaction score

How far are you dropped in the back? I recently went 2" in the back and I am bottoming out all the time. Make me wonder if all of the heavy loads I put in my truck damaged the leafs or am I just at the end of life (73K miles) on the stock shocks in the back. Was looking at QA1s, but wanted to make sure it was going to fix the bottoming out or if there was more I needed to do.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
How far are you dropped in the back? I recently went 2" in the back and I am bottoming out all the time. Make me wonder if all of the heavy loads I put in my truck damaged the leafs or am I just at the end of life (73K miles) on the stock shocks in the back. Was looking at QA1s, but wanted to make sure it was going to fix the bottoming out or if there was more I needed to do.

Have you replaced the bumpstop with the red low pro bumpstop? Qa1's will also make a world of difference as well!

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
I have 2 inch drop blocks, I bottomed out all the time b4 and now barley ever

STONER-X

Reaction score

if you are running stock bump stops your axle is only a finger width from them.. you shouldnt ruin the leafs but your bump stops are taking a beating...

i have 2" blocks in the rear with the bump stop bracket removed (i haven't installed my red ones yet) i had the leaf spring helper mod i haul my 700lb 4wheeler with no problems... although i have currently installed the leaf helpers properly and it made a world of difference in loaded ride quality.. i RARELY bottom out.. i still want to install my red stops...

IronMan

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info. Will be ordering QA1's shortly.

I have the URD drop kit, and installed the pancake style bump stops when I dropped it. On my 09, the bump stop brackets are level with the frame, so I didn't remove the brackets.

lamia2super

Reaction score
how long do the factory bilstein shocks last ? im almost at 100k miles and they seem fine

Top Bottom