Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QA1's with SS

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
So I have been Sittin Sic for a moment already and had QA1's that I never installed and just got tired of the bottoming out ever other mile. Cali roads aren't great for lowered. So I put the QA1's on today and talk about night and day. The rear end hooks up better, corners better and no bottoming out.

If you have a lowered truck you must get QA1's, after riding with them I don't care what they cost they are worth it. Get them now and save your rear end.

QA1's :adore::blurock::adore:

asianized

Reaction score
U did it urself? How hard was it? I've got mines but haven't had a chance to put them on

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
2" all around or is it 1 3/4 up front and 2 in the back? Can't remember but it sets level and yes blocks in the rear. Yes did it at the shop and was pretty easy maybe less than an hour.

Surfrider82

Reaction score
just installed the ss drop, gonna grab some qa1's....thanks for the info

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Best bang for the buck on suspension is the QA1's. You will love them.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
about time you installed them. They are worth every penny. Noticed the different right after installing mines.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
YUP, BIG DIFFERENT, idk how i rode with my drop WITHOUT IT!

RunnerofX

Reaction score
i am looking forward to the difference. i just bought mine yesterday so they will ship monday morning. oh hey! what settings are you riding??

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
I'm riding on 6 at the moment and seems pretty good, I have heard others say 7 but 6 seems stiff enough and you don't want it to be to hard or you'll lose the rear end.

CBRBob

Reaction score
With settings it depends... The colder it is, the harder it rides so you may need to go down a click. If you are towing or hauling, you may need to go up a click. Some like a firmer feel, some softer. Start with 5-6 and change it to suit YOUR needs. :)

I<3JDM

Reaction score
Sounds like its a must have if your dropped in the rear:top:. Im glad to hear you finally got them in. Sorry for the rookie question but how soft is the softest setting? Im asking because my fiance hates riding in my truck when we are in the freeway, it bottoms out like crazy. I have to deflate my tires to 30psi for a smoother ride.

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Sounds like its a must have if your dropped in the rear:top:. Im glad to hear you finally got them in. Sorry for the rookie question but how soft is the softest setting? Im asking because my fiance hates riding in my truck when we are in the freeway, it bottoms out like crazy. I have to deflate my tires to 30psi for a smoother ride.

1 Being Softest Setting
18 Being Hardest Setting

Here's a Handy Reference Guide on the 18 valving adjustable QA1's.

2-8 clicks for nice ride and handling (6-8 seems to be most common settings)
8-12 clicks for firm ride and improved handling
13+ clicks for more aggressive handling

*** One important thing to remember when changing the settings is to always turn dial back to 0 and count up. This will keep from over adjusting the shock.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
YEP. They made a big difference with my DJM.

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Consider stock is maybe 4 on the clicker and 6 will stop bottoming out. Even on Cali highways.

Top Bottom