Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question about stock head unit...I'm Retarded

2006nightrider

Reaction score
At my dealership, we have those base Tacomas; Reg. cab, 4cyl, 2 door. They have the same dashboard where the CD player and climate controls are at; its just that they are black, not silver like in the X-Runners. I was thinking about swapping one out of a new Tacoma, and toss it in mine. Everything is exactly the same except for color.
First off, what are some opinions on this because I would like to 2 tone my interior some more without painting or dying it, to help accent my exterior? And my main question, how the hell do you take it off anyway? I tried yesterday, and made a scuff mark under my climate controls, and I'm not tryin to screw up my interior because I ride the short bus and don't know what I'm doing!?!?

wshsbears

Reaction score
the first time is always the hardest.. the climate controls have 4 plastic clips that are at each corner. take a very small flathead screwdriver and slide it carefully into one of the corners. rotate it when ur positive its in far enough that it won't jump out when u rotate it. repeat on the other corner. then pull the bottom out. the top clips normally pop out when u pull the bottom out. then there are 4 screws for ur radio. 10mm take a long extension and unscrew them. (TAKE OUT ALL CD'S FROM UR RADIO BEFORE MOVING IT they'll get lodged up in there and it'll mess it up and u'll have to get a new one and lose ur cd's) the radio pops out just like climate controls minus the screwdriver. just pull it out. detatch all of the wiring harnesses and ur done. :top: :top:

morcheez

Reaction score
hey thats what i did ...i love the black radio in my truck....even thought its a single disc i still like how it looks better....matches the seat covers pretty well to...i usually have pics of these things but i cant find one and its raining out ...but it looks good i say do it ...and taking the radio out is cake:biggrin:

Top Bottom