Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick shifter question

Fish_On

Reaction score
I know it has been spoken about before, but I can't find the thread. I know normal aftermarket knobs dont work with out boots because the boit doesn't stretch high enough, right? I want to put a new knob in it and just ordered a URD SS. But I want the boot to reach the knob

X-FREAK

Reaction score
They work as long as they are the correct thread (12x1.25) I think there will just be that empty space between the boot but there are simple ways to make the boot sit flush up against the bottom of aftermarket knobs

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what your talking about...
P6011048.jpg

Keep in mind that this is the coupe shifter with the shift ball, if you want the boot to shit flush with the shifter simply add a washer under the boot to raise it up. From what I remember having a shiftball on the stock arm it will reach as well but be slightly tighter..

Here's that pic:
P6011035.jpg

Fish_On

Reaction score
Oh okay thanks. Sorry about the spelling/grammar. Watching this new Top Gear :)

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Pfft no worries on the spelling most of my posts are from my phone and usually the next day if I go back and re read what I wrote it ends up in a face palm lol

Fish_On

Reaction score
Cool! Just bought a URD SS and M1 Abrams satin finished with my shift pattern engraved in it. First interior mod on my 2013 and it should feel nice to shift.

Reaction score
I would recommend getting a Couple shifter and some Redline so you only have to take the shifter out once. But that's my .02

Fish_On

Reaction score
I want to, but it will be down the road. I don't really "need" the new tranny fluid as the truck only has a little under 4500 miles on it and honestly the 300 or so bones I spent tonight is about where I wanna draw the line. But down the road I will do the coupe shifter and redline for sure

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Cool! Just bought a URD SS and M1 Abrams satin finished with my shift pattern engraved in it. First interior mod on my 2013 and it should feel nice to shift.

I love the feel of mine! :top:

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

I took off the Shift-Boot Mod and went back to stock.
Why? I like cupping my ball (SHIFT ball) sometimes! :rolleyez:

Last edited:

Fish_On

Reaction score
Shes a beaut. I really like the big heavy shifters.

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
So I'm still fairly new, whats the difference/advantage with the coupe modified shifter?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
So I'm still fairly new, whats the difference/advantage with the coupe modified shifter?

There's a rubber bushing that will eventually wear out and makes your shifter very sloppy. Coupes mod takes that bushing out and fills it with a solid epoxy. No more slop. Also cuts the shift arm down to a shorter length of your choice to give you even shorter shifts. Def a must have. Makes shifting sooooo much better.

Heres a link to how he does it

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=31063

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
I think my bushing is about worn out then, I'm approaching 90k miles on my 06 and my shifts have been feeling a little loose lately, thanks for educating me! I love this site, so many knowledgeable people coming together and helping each other out

Fish_On

Reaction score
Jaxpiercer you need to come out man! Im the only xrunner at every car show

Top Bottom