Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Racing Stripe Vinyl

elynor_v

Reaction score
My stripes were easy to lay down and I love the way it looks.

There are two methods of application - Wet or Dry. I chose to use the wet method. It's more forgiving, IMO. RapidTac is a solution you can buy, but I just used 1 spray bottle filled with a little dish soap/window cleaner/water mix. You'll also need a squeegee (I used an old window squeegee), painter's tape, and measuring tape

1. Clean off the area you're working on with the soap/window cleaner/water mix, then wipe it down. Lay your stripe down and mark it with the painter's tape. Remove your vinyl, leaving the painter's tape as markers.

2. Spray your work area again with the soap/window cleaner/water mix. Overspray it - don't be stingy.

3. The vinyl I got from ebay had a protective layer on top of the actual sticker to it from tearing. Start peeling off the adhesive side of your vinyl and spray it as you peel the backing off (the sticky side). Lay it on your hood and line it up with your markers. Moving it around and adjusting the placement will be easy if the hood and vinyl stay wet, keep that spray bottle handy.

4. When you're happy with the placement, you can start squeegeeing the vinyl from the top/center of the sticker outwards. Make sure you keep the sticker wet to prevent tearing and use short strokes to work any water or air bubbles out and you'll feel the vinyl start to stick. If you have to move the vinyl, keep the whole area wet, lift a corner and spray under the vinyl and you'll be able to slide it around again.

5. Finally, let it dry for an hour or two, then start peeling the protective layer of the vinyl off. If the vinyl starts to come up with this layer, spray, squeegee, and wait a little longer before you continue.

I didn't take any pix while I was working on this, but the link is to a video that really helped me out and made me laugh a little. :laugh:

http://youtu.be/XsoYxC72D

racingstripe.JPG

2012-06-30 carwash jops1.jpg

2012-05-02 15.33.18.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-05-02 16.19.35.jpg
    2012-05-02 16.19.35.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 141

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Looks good, Yesterday I was at a car show and shine and seen a Vette with similar racing stripe, was thinking of doing this to my BSP XR, can't find anything on ebay for these stripes, can you provide a link?

Thinking more brighter Silver color though.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Stripes

I liked the design enough to have it painted on :biggrin:. Funny didn't even know about stripe kit on ebay. My wife and son laid out stripes with construction paper on the hood till they got what they liked. Mine are 8" center 1" space then 1" stripe.

DSC_0293.jpg

Mortifer

Reaction score
I liked the design enough to have it painted on :biggrin:. Funny didn't even know about stripe kit on ebay. My wife and son laid out stripes with construction paper on the hood till they got what they liked. Mine are 8" center 1" space then 1" stripe.

They both looks awesome!
The black on black is subtle and nice.
I really like the dark grey on silver!

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
looks good! like mentioned the black on black is nice :top:

Top Bottom