Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RCA wires! WTF!

X-RunnerMike

Reaction score
Got my headunit installed this past weekend, and even though I wasn't installing my amp/subs at the time, thought it would be wise to run the rcas and remote wire so I didn't have to do it later..... How the hell did you all get these wires down through the dash! Good God! I gave up after an hour or so!
:thumbdown:

justin13703

Reaction score
I remember it was kind of a pain. The best way is to make some sort of a fish tool out of a coathanger or a couple long zip ties taped together, push the fishing tool through from the bottom of the dash to the radio, tape all your wires to it, and slowly pull it back through.

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
It takes 2 people. One person to hold the unit and organize the wires, and another person to stuff the wires into the dash. It is a pain!

Moneyblind

Reaction score
It takes 2 people. One person to hold the unit and organize the wires, and another person to stuff the wires into the dash. It is a pain!

Not all of us have as understanding/compasionate/mod loving/SMART significant others....... Damn you and buck! :argh:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
It's not that bad. Zip ties help organize the wires. You kinda gotta just feel around with your hands.

gunner76137

Reaction score
I ran mine out the side and ran them under the door panels on 1 side and my amp wires on the other side. Didn't put anythiing through the console

RRX

Reaction score
Tacotunes has a good video on how to do that on you tube.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
see, i kept the stock head unit and bought a $20 RCA adapter. saved me all the trouble! lol :laugh:

justin13703

Reaction score
see, i kept the stock head unit and bought a $20 RCA adapter. saved me all the trouble! lol :laugh:

Eww a stock head unit lol. Really it's not that bad, I never needed another person to help, and I have a big ass radio with 3 sets of RCAs, a few remote lines, gps antenna, microphone cable, vss connection and all the other factory stuff back there lol. It fits just fine.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
Eww a stock head unit lol. Really it's not that bad, I never needed another person to help, and I have a big ass radio with 3 sets of RCAs, a few remote lines, gps antenna, microphone cable, vss connection and all the other factory stuff back there lol. It fits just fine.
haha i like the URD faceplates for stock head units. only reason i kept mine is because i'd like to get the URD faceplate in the future

Top Bottom