Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reaching out to the X family so I can get in shape for freeeeeee!

Workman3886

Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you know I've been going through some stuff over the last year with my divorce and whatnot. I decided to join the gym this year to improve my poor health and have managed to do pretty darn well.

So far this year since January I was able to drop 95 pounds and almost a quarter of my body fat percentage. I have been staying at it in order to continue improving and hopefully get to the point I feel darn good about myself.

I joined Snap Fitness and they asked me for a success story and I said sure, not expecting anything in return. Well they're giving the rest of the year free to the success story with the most likes or comments and when I seen that I was pretty darn excited.

So if you guys have a Facebook page and want to do me a huge favor, go to SnapFitness Ponchatoula, click like or comment on the picture of me. Oh, and if you're wondering which one is me I'll give you the description my buddy gave me, "The fat f*** wearing the ugly green shirt throwing up the shocker like a douche canoe."

Thanks in advance for the support and who knows, maybe I'll win!

GR6RR

Reaction score
douche canoe... I've heard this in the other forum I frequent a lot. I've seen people get banned for calling another person douche canoe.

but till this day, I still don't get it. What's a douche canoe...

I will visit the site and vote for a douche canoe throwing up the shocker in a green shirt. (Only if it's not one of those FB votes. Don't have a FB)

oh.. just finished reading your post.. it's a facebook page.....

Last edited:

Workman3886

Reaction score
Haha its all gravy in the Navy, it's the thought that counts!

Honestly I have no clue what it means, in fact that was the first time I ever heard it. But I know it must be offensive because he would definitely say something in order to offend me as much as possible Lmao... I love my friends

Here is the pics of my before and after

IMG_291519933125733_zps665a151b.jpg

20130701_190016_zps3ace0f52.jpg

Last edited:

chatt x

Reaction score
If I was a face booker, Id help ya out. Since I'm not, props to you on the weight loss! That's a difficult thing to accomplish. Fine job sir!

douche canoe... I've heard this in the other forum I frequent a lot. I've seen people get banned for calling another person douche canoe.

but till this day, I still don't get it. What's a douche canoe...

I will visit the site and vote for a douche canoe throwing up the shocker in a green shirt. (Only if it's not one of those FB votes. Don't have a FB)

oh.. just finished reading your post.. it's a facebook page.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Douche Canoe

Definition of a douche canoe! Lol!!

Workman3886

Reaction score
Thanks man, now I know why he called me that, I exceeded the expectations of a typical douche... Just awesome hahaha

Click

Reaction score
Congrats. I'm impressed with your results.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Muther F***!!! If we had a "Bravo" smiley. Well done sir. :top: :top:

Takes A LOT of dedication and percerverence to accomplish such a transformation.

It makes me wish even more so now that we had a Personal Fitness section.

Baggins44

Reaction score
Not a Facebooker either, but congratulations bro. Excellent job :top:

Workman3886

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be at first, just staying dedicated and small changes here and there.

Honestly the biggest thing I changed was my eating habits (overeating and late night snacking) and adding about 15-30 mins cardio a day, those alone did it.

I thought tons of people were going to be in on this, turns out it was just me and another fellow Lmao, so the odds are in my favor!

P.S. The truck is wayyyyy faster hahaha

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Dropped about a tenth in the quarter mile! :D

Workman3886

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm still trying to shred about 20 pounds off right now. 200ish is my goal weight, I am 6'1" so I'll be pretty happy with that weight.

This is the link, for some reason it's setup to where you have to add them as a friend, and I hate asking people to do that because that's above and beyond.

https://www.facebook.com/ponchatoulasnapfitness?fref=ts

But anyway I appreciate all the support guys, even if you can't vote it's no biggie! What would make me the happiest honestly is if someone out there decides to change their lifestyle because of my loss. That alone is worth more than a free membership to me. I come from a large family and have large friends (Thanks to southern Louisiana's delicious food) and it just kills me to see people having health related issues due to their weight.

Workman3886

Reaction score
Yep yep, I sorta feel bad now because so far it's only me and one other guy, I thought more people were going to jump in on this.

Workman3886

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a big thank you to the X family! I won, I actually won something!!! Thanks to all you guys and gals and all the support, this is just one of the reasons XRU is the best!!!

nick_gz1

Reaction score
hell yea congrats bro! hard work and dedication will always pay off

Top Bottom