Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Readiness Codes Won't Set

MXXN

Reaction score
I recently installed an Empire O2 simulator. My codes were cleared and after more then 600miles of combinaton driving my readiness codes still will not set.

No DTC came back. I was curious if there are any drive cycle procedure that might be required to set. At VW we had to do idle, full throttle acceleration and decel as well as some other parameters. Normally you could get them set in 30 minutes but sometimes they got real stubborn and you need a longer test drive.

I need to work with my tune and also my emission is up. I have to pass the scan and pressure test the gas cap to pass.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I don't know of any specific procedure to get them set. The ECU is supposed to constantly test and pass or fail them. Usually is takes like 40 miles after clearing codes for mine to set as ready or trip the CEL again.

MXXN

Reaction score
Yeah thats the issue....give me readiness or kick a CEL but it's into my 3rd tank of gas and neither has happend. No readiness codes means no emission pass and without emission my safety inspection sticker cant be updated.

Can any techs tell me if Toyota uses a bianary code that displays the pass/fail for each readiness test. If I know which one is failing maybe I can get abetter idea what the issue is.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Can any techs tell me if Toyota uses a bianary code that displays the pass/fail for each readiness test. If I know which one is failing maybe I can get abetter idea what the issue is.

Some scantools will go through the readiness tests and show you which ones are not cleared. Checker/autozone may use one that does that.

Top Bottom