Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Really Worth doing a BBK??

KETCHUP

Reaction score
naw....the X-1 is first. then maybe. or someone sellin a used kit....which is very unlikely...

TRD-X

Reaction score
You need stopping power Cuz!! BBK that bad boy!:top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
let me take a 2G intrest free loan and Ill be set.....:biggrin:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I dont know, I would be set with the truck if I could get a loan for 9k LOL....

TRD-X

Reaction score
So I got a question how much do you guys have in your ride??:dontknow: That would be a good thread!!:top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
hell yea Donny! MK II Blower, URD Y pipe, 3" mag, and a BBK.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Let the parts speak for them self Yo!!:top:All kind of bad.:adore:

BBK!.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
no, I just need the x1, trd blower, brakes and a fuel pump, the rest I could do on my own :top: I did almost buy the rear conversion last week, but chickened out when I found out I would be off most of this week :(

Grumpy

Reaction score
To the OP, save your money. Since you want to save money but still want to upgrade the stock brake system. I would suggest getting TRD brake pad first. Be warn its dusty, a worthwhile trade off imho. Your truck will actually slow down when the pedal is push. The higher maximum operating temp will give you an extra margin of safety on extended use.

Next, do the braided brake line. I have the Goodridge set and its a big plus. Easier to modulate the pedal, make threshold braking easier as you have more accurate feedback. Also give you a nice excuse to flush your system with some good stuff. If thats not enough, upgrade the rotors. Cross drilled, slotted, or both. Its mostly preference as which one to go with. All these 3 upgrade combine will cost under $500, not a bad upgrade while being on the budget.

TRD pads : http://www.totallytwistedcreations.com/html/hp_brake_pads_0.html
Stainless steel brake line (Goodridge) : http://www.totallytwistedcreations.com/html/ss_brake_line_kit_0.html
Rotors : you on your own as I haven't gone that far

Last edited:
Reaction score
To the OP, save your money. Since you want to save money but still want to upgrade the stock brake system. I would suggest getting TRD brake pad first. Be warn its dusty, a worthwhile trade off imho. Your truck will actually slow down when the pedal is push. The higher maximum operating temp will give you an extra margin of safety on extended use.

Next, do the braided brake line. I have the Goodridge set and its a big plus. Easier to modulate the pedal, make threshold braking easier as you have more accurate feedback. Also give you a nice excuse to flush your system with some good stuff. If thats not enough, upgrade the rotors. Cross drilled, slotted, or both. Its mostly preference as which one to go with. All these 3 upgrade combine will cost under $500, not a bad upgrade while being on the budget.

TRD pads : http://www.totallytwistedcreations.com/html/hp_brake_pads_0.html
Stainless steel brake line (Goodridge) : http://www.totallytwistedcreations.com/html/ss_brake_line_kit_0.html
Rotors : you on your own as I haven't gone that far

I agree. I would save your money with the rotors though, the holes and slots in drilled and slotted rotors are for heat dissipation. If you do not put enough heat into them to justify the holes and slots you are just removing material and surface area your pads could be gripping. Also, the less metal there is on the rotor the more likely the rotors will warp. Just like they tend to warp the older (thinner) the rotors become after time. Unless you are really putting some heat into your brakes crossed drilled and slotted rotors and mostly for looks.

The harder I look at the tundra racing kit the rotors and pads look about the same size as the stock setup. You would get the benefits of the two opposed pistons fixed caliper setup in lieu of the single piston floating caliper stock setup. Below is a link to a hot rod website that goes into the benefits and downfalls of each setup.

http://www.hotrodheaven.com/tech/brakes/brakes1.htm

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
If your going boosted, get the BBK.

It is a MASSIVE difference.

If staying N/A some pads and lines will give you better stop & pedal.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
no, I just need the x1, trd blower, brakes and a fuel pump, the rest I could do on my own :top: I did almost buy the rear conversion last week, but chickened out when I found out I would be off most of this week :(

yea, I wouldn't mind doing that rear conversion my self.

erieder

Reaction score
Thanks for in input guys i have decided to just upgrade rotors, pads and change to SS lines seeems like totall will only be about $400 one last question the guys over at BrakePerformance.com are running a special on Slotted and Dimpled Rotors, basically get rotors and performance semi-metalliac pads for around 180 shipped. Seems to be a good deal and come with lifetime warranty Has anyone tried these and any complaints??

I appreciate everyones input and you guys have been a big help thank you this site is awsome

ntinhri

Reaction score
Thanks for in input guys i have decided to just upgrade rotors, pads and change to SS lines seeems like totall will only be about $400 one last question the guys over at BrakePerformance.com are running a special on Slotted and Dimpled Rotors, basically get rotors and performance semi-metalliac pads for around 180 shipped. Seems to be a good deal and come with lifetime warranty Has anyone tried these and any complaints??

I appreciate everyones input and you guys have been a big help thank you this site is awsome

I have brakes from them.. lovem! Slotted and drilled worked fine at the last autocross I did.. no brake fade.. I also run trd pads. they dust alot but you cant beat the stopping power!

KETCHUP

Reaction score

that is cheap. may check that out.

blastap

Reaction score
i have the dimpled and slotted rotors, they look nice but i still get hot as fug when pushed on. i did run the trd pads for awhile and liked them but damn all that dust.

Top Bottom