Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rear diff fluid

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
any info on how to perform that service? i've been wondering if its something i can do

sohc4now

Reaction score
An additional lsd additive isn't required for the Amsoil, but I added some for good measure

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
No additive needed. That the oil I used in my 07 tranny and diff. Don't forget to do the engine at the same time. I've been using Amsoil for the pass 25 years on all my cars and trucks

butters607

Reaction score
No additive needed. That the oil I used in my 07 tranny and diff. Don't forget to do the engine at the same time. I've been using Amsoil for the pass 25 years on all my cars and trucks

I ran the 0-30 Sig series oil and didn't like it at all...

X-MOKED U

Reaction score

what do you mean do the engine at the same time?

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
You don't have to. Only on your next oil change if you want.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
ohh okay i get u...

so when i bough my truck the trans oil was done along with the new clutch like 10k ago...

think i can just do the diff and that one a lil later on orr....:dontknow:

butters607

Reaction score
ohh okay i get u...

so when i bough my truck the trans oil was done along with the new clutch like 10k ago...

think i can just do the diff and that one a lil later on orr....:dontknow:

I would use the redline I love it shifts are very smooth

Edgeman

Reaction score

Just a heads up, but the transmission requires GL-4 fluid, and the diff requires GL-5. Not sure about Amsoil being a "one oil for all applications" for our truck.

Use this page to see the Redline recommended products for each (engine, transmission, diff):
http://www.redlineoil.com/application.aspx

I do know our (05-08) trucks do not require any additional friction modifiers for our "clutch type" LSD if you use the recommended Redline GL-5 fluid.

chatt x

Reaction score
Will running the 75w90 severe gear GL-5 in the trans do any damage or cause any unpleasant affects? amsoil guy ef'ed my order up!:motz:

butters607

Reaction score
Will running the 75w90 severe gear GL-5 in the trans do any damage or cause any unpleasant affects? amsoil guy ef'ed my order up!:motz:

Yea use that for the rear end and use redline in the tranny redline is great in the tranny you want the gl-4 in the tranny

Reaction score
I went Royal Purple 75W90 in both and it seems to work gets. I just didn't want to wait to have it shipped and got an alright discount at the parts store.

Top Bottom