Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rear Window weatherstripping... replacement or fix?

KingpinX

Reaction score
Hey all, rubber stripping around the entire rear window is looking really rough. Looks oxidized from sun/weather. Is there a fix or can it just easily be replaced? I think I had tried some Mother's Back-to-black at one time but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Hey all, rubber stripping around the entire rear window is looking really rough. Looks oxidized from sun/weather. Is there a fix or can it just easily be replaced? I think I had tried some Mother's Back-to-black at one time but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks

I've heard of people using silicone lubricant on them. I believe meguire's and armor all also make some conditioner specifically for weatherstripping type use. May want to see what those do before replacing it.

KingpinX

Reaction score
guess I'll be making a trip to the autoparts store to search for these....Thanks bro!

TXrunner

Reaction score
Mine has the same crap on it. It's looking pretty haggard, let us know if you find something that fixes it because if not the only way to replace it is to remove the whole damn back window

Top Bottom